• Interests:Too Much

Posted 14 November 2012 - 05:47 AM

Posted Image

File Name: Whittleton
File Submitter: David Emblen
File Submitted: 13 Nov 2012
File Category: OMSI Maps

Welcome to Whittleton v1.1!

Whittleton is a fictional countryside town with surrounding suburbs currently offering three drivable routes including service 525 connecting Whittleton to Ashton! I have tried to keep a UK feel to this map but please keep in mind that this is my 1st OMSI release (yes i have about 5 other maps for personal use but this is the 1st map i have created with other people in mind).

Whitteton is currently served by Stagecoach so i recommend you download the stagecoach liverys, if you haven't already, as they are used in the map. If popularity grows and people want more then i intend on carrying on with this map and releasing updates. If that is the case then i shall introduce more service operated by more companies.

If you haven't already then please download and install Simple Streets addon by Emil
here - http://www.omnibussi...d&threadID=2500

This map must not be uploaded to any other website and will only be supported in this thread.

I would like to thank those who have supported me and encouraged me, i hope i have done this map proud.

I gladly accept positive criticism as i strive to do better and hope to give you all some good products.

With special thanks to;
Freeman1001 for his superb scenery objects
Chrisrose1993 for his splendid road markings and depot signs
Road-hog123 for his amazing road objects
Tony_A for his unique scenery objects
and most importantly Owen Harvey for testing and putting up with me over the past week
(if i have missed anyone off then i do apologies i didn't do it intentionally, just send me a PM and i shall add you )
The Ibis list is included on the main screen

ENJOY!

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Whittleton is now updated to v1.1

Updated timetable for service 525; you now have a total of 53mins to complete one trip giving 7mins turn around time.
Added traffic lights to busy junctions to help congestion!
Other slight bits and bobs!
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Click here to download this file

My Omsi Work and Releases;

Releases;

Whittleton (MAP) :: MB 0405N2 (STAGECOACH REPAINT) :: SU15 (STAGECOACH REPAINT) :: SU10 (STAGECOACH ENVIRO STYLE REPAINT) :: 

Ideale 770 Coach (STAGECOACH REPAINT) :: SU10 (JIM STONES REPAINT) :: Reversing MOD :: 

A massive thanks to JayKay for this magnificent forum and also to the "World Of Omsi" staff for their superb contributions 

#2 londonmale2011

londonmale2011
  • Registered
  • 1,900 posts
  • Interests:driving omsi buses, train sim 2013, grand theft auto, watching you tube videos of bus routes and trains

Posted 14 November 2012 - 06:52 AM

can't select a route, installed everything properly. on load the files says can't read the o3d file.

mikey

#3 David Emblen

David Emblen
  • Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 1,180 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 07:19 AM

When loading you do get one O3D error message, this is because there is a registered object on a tile which does't actually exist. This won't effect game play in any way. I am unsure how to get rid of this but i can assure it doesn't cause any problems.

The map has been tested on four seperate machines with no problems at all (but each computer gets the error message, again this doesn't effect any kind of gameplay) so i am unsure as to why you can't select a route to drive! Maybe uninstall and try again!

Edited by David Emblen, 14 November 2012 - 07:22 AM.

Releases;

Whittleton (MAP) :: MB 0405N2 (STAGECOACH REPAINT) :: SU15 (STAGECOACH REPAINT) :: SU10 (STAGECOACH ENVIRO STYLE REPAINT) :: 

Ideale 770 Coach (STAGECOACH REPAINT) :: SU10 (JIM STONES REPAINT) :: Reversing MOD :: 

A massive thanks to JayKay for this magnificent forum and also to the "World Of Omsi" staff for their superb contributions 

#4 londonmale2011

londonmale2011
  • Registered
  • 1,900 posts
  • Interests:driving omsi buses, train sim 2013, grand theft auto, watching you tube videos of bus routes and trains

Posted 14 November 2012 - 07:43 AM

will try re-download tomorrow. but get this at terrain part. one invalid track entry 111 exton. nr. 10.. dunno what that means. is it a heavy map? could be why not work on mine... not blaming anyone just one of them things i guess. looks a good map thou. am suffering with my illness's pretty bad at the mo so can't realy do much tonight. good work :)

mikey

#5 David Emblen

David Emblen
  • Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 1,180 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 07:49 AM

one invalid track entry 111 exton. nr. 10.. dunno what that means.

This error was encountered on another PC when testing, it is fixed with the updated Simple Streets (link above), you're getting that message because there is a piece of road missing so the track is no longer complete.

is it a heavy map?

Personnaly i wouldn't say it was. I'm able to play this map on my laptop which isn't really that powerful, only 2gb Ram, i3 processor.

Releases;

#6 londonmale2011

londonmale2011
  • Registered
  • 1,900 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 07:52 AM

ok. i not download that bit. but will tomorrow :) many thanks for your help. will update tomorrow :)

mikey

#7 michael1984

michael1984
  • Registered
  • 1,225 posts
  • Interests:Buses, trains, trams, subways, ferries, genreal engineering
    Omsi, Open BVE, JB Bahn simulator

Posted 14 November 2012 - 09:10 AM

I am having some trouble. When I load up the map the junctions aren't loading. I have the most recent version of simple streets and other maps are working fine, as far as I can tell the map is referencing the wrong location for these objects.
Any help would be greatly appreciated, many thanks.
P.S I'll have a look in the editor and see if I can find out more about the problem.
Definitely seems to be an issue with the file structure, as it is looking for a Kreuz_MC folder within the addon simplestreets folder, and I don't have such a folder.

Edited by michael1984, 14 November 2012 - 09:15 AM.

My projects:
Kulmnock City: v1.2 Released, further development on hold

http://aussiex.org/f...-kulmnock-city/
Great Colquart: v1.0 Released

http://aussiex.org/forum/index.php?/topic/18844-omsi-maps-great-colquart/
Chirstmas SD80
http://aussiex.org/f...ecial-man-sd80/

#8 DavidR.

DavidR.
  • Registered
  • 10,235 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 09:59 AM

/\ /\ /\

Same as above ........ I think the file structure for the ADDON_SimpleStreets stuff is incorrect. In that the map is referencing different folder structures and/or files to that within the download.

#9 Gibson44

Gibson44
  • Banned
  • 22 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 11:30 AM

im new to omsi bus simulator ive just downloaded and played. ive not had any problems except i dont get the stagecoach paints on the bus. nice map though

#10 Jeffrey Lo

Jeffrey Lo
  • Banned
  • 1,378 posts
  • Interests:Buses, The World, OMSI, GTA IV

Posted 14 November 2012 - 03:10 PM

Just wondering.. how many routes are there? Posted Image

EDIT: Sorry, didn't read your map description properly. Will download and try your map very soon :)

Edited by Jeffrey Lo, 14 November 2012 - 04:47 PM.

[Map] Arrington - 10% complete
Splines - 20%       Scenery - 15%       Timetables - 0%

supporter_banner1.png

"Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."
- Dr. Seuss

*My Inbox (PM) is 86% full*

#11 DavidR.

DavidR.
  • Registered
  • 10,235 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 07:10 PM

I've got most files sorted now, and it's a pretty nice little map :thumbsup:

#12 David Emblen

David Emblen
  • Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 1,180 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 08:24 PM

it's a pretty nice little map Posted Image

Thank you longyear, it means a lot coming from someone with your structure and respect

I've got most files sorted now

I've used Thiago's maptools program and compressed again so that everything is included and in the right place. Its around 350mb but i can't upload (as well as the original, Mr Drive had to put it up for me) If possible i could give one of the mods a link to the new folder for that to be uploaded?

Releases;

#13 David Emblen

David Emblen
  • Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 1,180 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 08:52 PM

i dont get the stagecoach paints on the bus.

Have you downloaded the repaints for the busses. You will need to do that in order for the repaints to apear on the busses.

Releases;

#14 DavidR.

DavidR.
  • Registered
  • 10,235 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 11:56 PM

I've used Thiago's maptools program and compressed again so that everything is included and in the right place. Its around 350mb but i can't upload (as well as the original, Mr Drive had to put it up for me) If possible i could give one of the mods a link to the new folder for that to be uploaded?

Yes no probs - best to fire it to Mr Drive's PM (I don't have a PM box), but if he's busy and you don't get a reply, fire to the email in my sig and I can sort the upload link. ;)

#15 Mr Drive

Mr Drive
  • OMSI Staff
  • 4,629 posts
  • Interests:Omsi, Jazzmusic, Nice Girls, Cats, Buses, Trams, Trains, Food, Wine tasting, Whiskey, Recording and mixing, Star Trek (all series) and the meaning of life!

Posted 15 November 2012 - 12:05 AM

No problem, send me the link and i'll upload it when i'm home!

#16 David Emblen

David Emblen
  • Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 1,180 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 12:35 AM

Thanks for the assistance and patience ;) I've emailed the link to Mr Drive, once i know the new rar folder is active i shall adjust my description accordingly :)

Releases;

#17 Gibson44

Gibson44
  • Banned
  • 22 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 08:16 AM

it will not let me download the new update it says that i do not have permission to download it why is that is it because i have downloaded it before

#18 David Emblen

David Emblen
  • Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 1,180 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 08:19 AM

it will not let me download the new update it says that i do not have permission to download it why is that is it because i have downloaded it before

No! Mr Drive has disapproved the download so that he can now upload the new version! The new download should become active and reapproved then you can download the update :) Either myself or Mr Drive will post here and advise when the new update is active :)

Releases;

#19 David Emblen

David Emblen
  • Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 1,180 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 08:28 AM

NOW UPDATED AND READY FOR DOWNLOAD!! :D

Releases;

#20 michael1984

michael1984
  • Registered
  • 1,225 posts
  • Interests:Buses, trains, trams, subways, ferries, genreal engineering
    Omsi, Open BVE, JB Bahn simulator

Posted 15 November 2012 - 08:56 AM

Cheers for sorting it guys, will download tommorow

My projects:
Kulmnock City: v1.2 Released, further development on hold

http://aussiex.org/f...-kulmnock-city/
Great Colquart: v1.0 Released