Welcome to OZx Forum

Welcome to OZx Forum guest,

Wouldn't it be nice if I would call you by your name or nickname of your choice ? 

Like most online communities you must register to post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of OZx Forum by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

qb3960

OMSI Maps :: Brisbane Fictional V2.2

index.php?app=downloads&module=display&section=screenshot&id=3226

File Name: Brisbane Fictional V2.2

File Submitter: qb3960

File Submitted: 10 Oct 2012

File Updated: 18 Oct 2012

File Category: OMSI Maps

Brisbane Fictional V2.2 is now available.

Please

1. Download both files

2. Paste all files EXCEPT THE "maps" folder from "Brisbane_v2.rar

3. Extract "Brisbane_Fictional" from "Brisbane_v2_2.rar" and put it into OMSI\maps

Sorry for the constant update within these few hours.

The map now features 2 drivable bus lines (25-27 mins, ~20km per trip)

432: Kenmore - Forestdale - Logan Central (IBIS2: 43201, 43202)

433: Kenmore - Forestdale - Berrinba - Logan Central (IBIS2: 43301, 43302)

*432 only operates on weekdays.

A tour may contain both 432 & 433 trips, so please take a look at the timetable before departure wink.png

Add-ons required for the map:

SimpleStreets by Emil

Nemolus Traffic Signs by Nemolus

gcW Strabenobjekte by Seeadler

INGOLSTADT (Author?)

Acknowledgement - Thanks to the following spline/object/texture creators:

Emil

Nemolus

Seeadler

Freeman

Jan Kiesewalter

And all other creators whose masterpieces have been included in this map.

The timetable is set for SD202 but you are highly recommended to use a single-decker

You are also recommended to replace default AI vehicles with AI car pack 1&2, and set the number of Unscheduled vehicles to 50.

Please enjoy & report any errors!

Repaint used by Brisbane Buses

It's approved now.... :)

There is a minor flaw within the file structure, some ADDON_GcW files are refering to the wrong directory.

well i've just drove one way to kenmore and i have to say that its a really beautiful route.... I'll be honest i'm not a lover of "motoway" maps but you can tell that alot of effort has gone into this.... I can't wait for updates and more routes within the future :D

i had the long error that comes up on some maps but can't remember the line. it's a lovely map and be better with updates im sure. hope to c more australia maps as my brother lives there. seems weird but just driving this map felt like i was closer to him lol. anyone call me weird if they want lmao

I don't think that's weird at all Mike... it's just an 'association' because you know you're driving a Aussie map, and you know that's where your bro is. B)

I used to get a similar vibe when driving 'Maple Leaf Boulevard' as I have family in Canada.... albeit Nova Scotia, whereas Maple Leaf was set in Manitoba. smile.png

Hi qb9360,

Now that I've had the opportunity to drive this route a few times, I'd offer you some feedback:-

- You need a "Picture.jpg" in your map's main folder; it doesn't look very pro with the "no picture" display when selecting the map. smile.png

- There is too high a volume of traffic on the highway IMHO..... could do with using the traffic rules to reduce traffic volume.

- Also, all of the traffic drives in the outside lane, which doesn't look very realistic on a 2 lane highway... is this intended?

- The file structure for the SceneryObjects was a real mess: they included objects were not put in the file structure that the map references those objects in.... I had to open the map in the editor and 'replace objects' for all of these wrongly referenced objects.

- You had an error in the TTL that initially caused a Zuggriff error, but that was quick and easy to correct.

- Your AI List uses the AI Group "Brisbane" but you have made it identical to the AI Group "Busses" so it's not really required.

- I personally think the route needs more regular bus stops than at present. But that's just a personal view. smile.png

Enjoyable map though, and a very believable environment. Great use of splines and junction types, and some very nice custom textures. thumbsup.png

- I personally think the route needs more regular bus stops than at present. But that's just a personal view. smile.png

I think I'll enjoy it better if it had more bus stops as well... which i think is why I'm anticipating the updates :D

Yes it is very good map! My suggestion is to get few bus stops to the highway, meaning the bus wll exit the highway to a smaller road or even via town and then go back up to highway and continue its journey. Because otherwise the highway is very long. But it is now my new favourite map!

Hi all,

Thanks for the suggestions!

I have already corrected the file structure of Sceneryobject, but I need more information on the TTL file. What exactly is the error? I didn't get this when I tested the map.

In the next update, there will be more bus stops for sure!

Brisbane Fictional V2.0 is now available.

- Fixed wrong file paths in the SceneryObject folder

- Extended line 432

- Added one more line 433, which takes a slightly different route but essentially a line 432

- Modified timetable (Rush hour/ Weekday/ Holiday)

- Forestdale ready for future extension

And...

I would be really grateful if someone here can answer me a few questions...

1. I would like to add AI lines, do I need to tailor-make some bus stops for them so that they appear?

2. Do trips need to be connected (ending path of a trip= starting path of the returning trip)?

Feel free to comment on the map/ report any errors!

qb3960

1. You don't need to 'tailor make' special bus stops, but you do need to put all of the serviced bus stops into a Trips file for the AI route.

2. You mean Tracks need to start and end on the same spline (return journeys)... Trips do not as trips reference bus stops to splines (tracks) and any can be used.

Everything you need to do to get your AI routes working is covered in the OMSI Editor Manual. :) ..... Time for a cuppa and some reading... :smile:

Hi,

I have a problem with this map and its to do with scenery objects, it so bad in fact tht all the roads are missing

SimpleStreets by Emil
Nemolus Traffic Signs by Nemolus
gcW Strabenobjekte by Seeadler
INGOLSTADT (Author?)

These are the scenery objects you said were needed.

I have infact got all of them.

Can anyone help thanks