Welcome to OZx Forum

Welcome to OZx Forum guest,

Wouldn't it be nice if I would call you by your name or nickname of your choice ? 

Like most online communities you must register to post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of OZx Forum by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Maurizio G

OZx Scenery :: OZX Grand Canyon and KGCN + HolgerMESH

thumb-d20aadcd0a6f1a390b5d71eeb3f1e13f-.jpg

File Name: OZX Grand Canyon and KGCN + HolgerMESH

File Submitter: Maurizio G

File Submitted: 09 Jan 2009

File Category: OZx Scenery

Authors: Antonio C, Maurizio G & Holger Sandmann

Author email : [email protected]

Author website : http://aussiex.org

Description : First of all click here to download your manual.

It is here now folks: the photoreal scenery of the Grand Canyon area. The scenery is for FSX SP2 only, it has got a resolution of 2m/pixel, autogen and nightlights, Summer season only. The main airport of the area, KGCN (Grand Canyon Natural Park) has been dramatically improved. It is a stunning scenery, created by Antonio C., and Maurizio G. The photoreal scenery is based on the latest techniques, to ensure a real visual experience in flight. Colorado river has animated water in the parts where it's bigger.

Greetings, and Merry Christmas!

Here's a combination of freebie photo-real scenery* and a payware aircraft. Ladies and gents, I present the OzX photo-real Grand Canyon scenery and the Lionheart Creations Piper Pacer.

grand_canyon_001.jpggrand_canyon_002.jpg

grand_canyon_003.jpggrand_canyon_004.jpg

grand_canyon_005.jpggrand_canyon_006.jpg

grand_canyon_007.jpggrand_canyon_008.jpg

~~~

* : I don't often use "photo-real" scenery as it usually looks like a photo pasted on top of a land-class mesh... not very pretty at all. That's one reason I like the OzX and Orbx sceneries, they combine accurate land-class mesh with a nice combination of generated scenery bits and associated details cleverly placed to closely replicate real areas. OzX and Orbx provide a superb approximation of real life that is second to none.

Scenery available here:

Hi there,

Just downloaded the V2 package and windows defender in Windows 10 declares that the zip file contains a virus and will not allow the file to extract.

If I turn off protection the file then extracts but when I try to run the exe windows 10 stops installation based on virus detection even with defender disabled.

Regards,

Alex B

Hi Alex,

I don't run Win10 or Windows Defender (I run W7/64 with NortonIS/2017) so it is a little difficult to say exactly what is happening, but.... probably what is happening is Defender is detecting a false positive and either Quarantining the .zip file (Grand_Canyon_KGCN_V2.zip) or preventing it from extracting or executing. It is also most likely doing the same to the executable installer.
What you can do to remedy this is to un-quarantine the file Grand_Canyon_KGCN_V2.zip in Defender and Exclude the file from future virus scans by placing it on the exclude list in Defender. You should also place the  Grand_Canyon_KGCN_V2.exe on Windows Defender exclude list.
You should also make sure you do not have Windows UAC (UniversalAccountControl) enabled as this can get in the way of extraction and installation routines.

It should not be necessary to disable Windows Defender, once the file (Grand_Canyon_KGCN_V2.zip) has been added to the exclude list. It should then extract normally and then be able to install via the extracted executable (Grand_Canyon_KGCN_V2.exe) from the Extracted folder (Grand_Canyon_KGCN_V2).

Please don't use the inbuilt Windows extraction tool but rather, use WinZip or better still the freeware 7Zip. Unzip the package first to a Temporary folder do not try to run the .exe from within a zipped archive.
Once un-zipped,  right-click the executable to install "as Administrator".