Welcome to OZx Forum

Welcome to OZx Forum guest,

Wouldn't it be nice if I would call you by your name or nickname of your choice ? 

Like most online communities you must register to post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of OZx Forum by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

fan79

OMSI Maps :: Birmingham (Sutton Coldfield)

index.php?app=downloads&module=display&section=screenshot&id=2882

File Name: Birmingham (Sutton Coldfield)

File Submitter: fan79

File Submitted: 20 Jul 2012

File Updated: 22 Jul 2012

File Category: OMSI Maps

BIRMINGHAM

Sutton Coldfield - Route 904

Addon map for OMSI, by Fan79

Birmingham is UK's second largest city. Once famous for heavy industry, Rover cars and Cadburys chocolate. The city today is thriving and has some of the busiest roads in the UK.

The route modelled runs from Birmingham City Centre to Sutton Coldfield, a busy town about 7 miles away.

143.jpg

The route will start in central Birmingham, On Bull St. You'll then drive around colmore circus, the police headquarters, the Birmingham post building, the law courts, Birmingham children's hospital and Aston university.

Then you'll drive the route along the Aston expressway (A38m). It's a pretty unique road as it has no central reservation and no hard shoulder for a long stretch. The speed limit is 50 mph. The "red lane" in the middle is used to aid congestion at peak times. In the morning rush hour it is open inbound to city and in the evening it opens outbound. However, buses are banned from using this lane. You'll drive under the world famous spaghetti junction where the speed limit is reduced to 30mph.

Driving through Gravelly Hill and into Erdington. The well known route 11, Europe's longest bus route drives "the outer circle" of the city and stops here. It runs as AI traffic at 1 of its stops.

From then its pretty much a straight road, passing through Wylde green and arriving in Sutton after a scheduled 31 minute run. This is possible but it is pretty tight for time.

There is depot on Holland Road, Sutton Coldfield. In reality this depot closed in the 80's, but for Omsi purposes , it's reopened!

Layover times in Birmingham city centre are minimal. They are regulated pretty hard so you won't get longer than 4 minutes idle at the Bull St Terminus. If you find you are running early, you should wait at Aston University stop 1 to make up your time.

You probably won't run early though. It's a 31 minute peak and 28 minute off peak run and you will need to put your foot down to stick to these times.

Downloads needed:

This map uses the Dennis Enviro 500 addon bus by Winsome. You need this bus installed. This is used by the AI and is also the bus you should user as your user bus. Optionally, you can use the Dennis Dragon addon bus, for which rollblinds have been provided.

Scenery required:

Addon GCW http://www.gcmods.de...trassenobjekte/

Nemolus Objeckte http://forum.aerosof...-traffic-signs/

Tony A Objects by Tony A

Canterbury Basic by Freeman

Addon simple streets - http://www.omnibussi...d&threadID=7811

Please make sure you add all the objects I've included in the scenery objects folder. With it being a left hand drive map, some splines and crossings have had new files added (the originals remain unchanged) and it's important these are in the correct place for the map to work.

INSTALLATION:

Installation is manual. Move all files into the OMSI 'Root' folder, and click 'yes' to merge and/or overwrite where prompted.

Haha nice one.

Ok mistake 1!

Guys I really hope you enjoy my map. Sorry about the o3d error, it's my 1st attempt at releasing a map and with there a lot of custom objects I guess some mistakes are unavoidable this early on.

Let me know what other mistakes you get and we'll hopefully get them sorted.

Downloading just now. Just to clarify is it v1.o or v1.1 of the enviro we need?

Heres a link to the bus downloads if you don't have them

http://www.winsomes3dstudio.com/omsi/index_omsi.html

I've built it On 1.1 actually. If there are any texture probs with v1, let me know and I'll try and sort it for v1 users

i loaded the game with no errors looks excellent shall try properly later. i wont use the right hand lane lol

143.jpg

......haven't driven the full route yet, but it's looking really good. :)

Note: As above, you need to MANUALLY move the files to each folder, because otherwise the files for your ENVIRO 500 will go to the wrong location.

But if you just drag everything from one folder to the one in your OMSI sub folders, it all works fine.

Hi great map but ive got problems downloading the last Addon in (Scenery required: simple streets) when i download it it says theres a warning on it and may harm my computer plus got problems with the mirror download on that :( has anyone go a diffrent download link for this please and is there any ai buses on this map??

I'm having issues just after leaving Birmingham, where it says use right hand lane - I use it and it throws me onto the pavement.gallery_11898_194_116863.jpg

Is this an AI bus or yours? Its physically not letting you drive down the road straight?

Hi great map but ive got problems downloading the last Addon in (Scenery required: simple streets) when i download it it says theres a warning on it and may harm my computer plus got problems with the mirror download on that sad.png has anyone go a diffrent download link for this please and is there any ai buses on this map??

You don't already have ADDON_Simple Streets installed in your OMSI ?

Almost every addon map uses it, so I bet you already have it, no ?

It seems some E500 installations install to "Enviro_500" and some install to "Eniro_500" (V1.0 versus V1.1?).

Anyway, I'm changing the file structure so that it installs to both of those paths. So the map will work fine whichever folder you have. You can manually delete the duplicate one afterwards if you wish, although it won't do any harm.

I'm missing 2 splines that could be leading to my problem:

Splines\Szczecin\RQ_10,5_2spur_7,5m-nopath.sli

Splines\Szczecin\RQ_10,5_1spur-przystanek.sli

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I'm having issues just after leaving Birmingham, where it says use right hand lane - I use it and it throws me onto the pavement.gallery_11898_194_116863.jpg

I am getting this problem too - ... it actually doesn't matter which lane your in when you reach this point, the bus flies onto the pavement! ....... seems like a hidden object or obstruction.

Here's my pic :-

144.jpg

But it did it to me too when I spawned at the university, I just couldn't go forward. Like I say, I am missing splines.

I'm also missing one object - Building_MC\portao.sco

Edited by xdanflyerx

But it did it to me too when I spawned at the university, I just couldn't go forward. Like I say, I am missing splines.

I'm not missing any Splines (I must have had then already installed), as when I copied everything over that fan79 gave me, I have no missing Splines error messages .......... but anyway, I have no missing splines but still the collisions, so I think that might be a Red Herring.

I'm gonna look at the place where the collision is happening and see what I find!

I am getting this problem too - ... it actually doesn't matter which lane your in when you reach this point, the bus flies onto the pavement! ....... seems like a hidden object or obstruction.

Here's my pic :-

144.jpg

im useing the dragon, ive gone past this bit and was fine didnt jump onto the pavement so perhaps it something to do with the bus?