Welcome to OZx Forum

Welcome to OZx Forum guest,

Wouldn't it be nice if I would call you by your name or nickname of your choice ? 

Like most online communities you must register to post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of OZx Forum by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Thiago

OMSI Utilities + Mods :: OMSI Map Tools

thumb-2b78ec0d228da62218ab7029bd3f14d6-maptools.jpg

File Name: OMSI Map Tools

File Submitter: Thiago

File Submitted: 17 Jun 2012

File Category: OMSI Utilities + Mods

Which version of OMSI is this download for ?: V2

This application focuses on two different types of OMSI user:

- players who are experiencing problems with missing objects/splines when loading maps, or those who want to uninstall a map and get rid of unnecessary content

- map designers who are creating medium to complex maps that use a considerable variety of scenery objects and splines. This tool will provide information about which objects/splines your map is using. Sometimes, it's natural to miss important object or spline packages when packaging your map for release, thus having to release additional patches to fix these issues. This will hopefully decrease these occurrences.

News:

• The tool automatically locates your OMSI maps folder. If you have both OMSI 1 and 2
    installed, the tool will always prioritize OMSI 2! If the tool is unable to find the path
    automatically, it will memorize the folder path after you select it for the first time.
  • (NEW IN 3.0) Now compatible with OMSI 2
  • Provides information about which Scenery Objects and Splines you are missing in order to run a specific map. By analyzing a map, the application will compare your contents to the map structure, and it will check which of them you don’t have in your OMSI folder.
  • Provides summarized information about the objects and splines used by your map (amount of objects and splines)
  • Provides analytical information about the objects and splines used by your map (exhaustive file and folder list, so you can always keep track accurately of which content folders your map is using)
  • Provides an extra function to automatically copy used objects and splines to another folder

It includes a quick guide with general information and usage instructions. Read it.

Thiago, you're a hero!!!

With the releasedate of Vlietburg in sight i had some worries about making a good installer, this wonderful tool will help for sure to make that task easier.

Good to know mate, thanks!

I tested the copy routine several times and it's running nice, so I'm changing the 'RC1' to 1.0, but no re download is needed. smile.png

Thank you mateys :)

I've just fixed a small issue that was preventing people to select maps when they have OMSI installed in a partition different than 'C:'. It has been fixed.

Thanks Thiago, this helps me check maps recently installed where I have a problem to identify where the issue is. Brilliant work

Guest lynx1121

Hey Thiago

Do i need to put this in the omsi directory?

i keep getting this error (i tested it on another map thinking it was mine that caused the error)

mapanerror.JPG

You can place it anywhere.

Hm, not sure what can I suggest, as I didn't get this error during my tests on Windows XP. Are you trying to copy the files to a folder located inside a removable device such as a pen drive or a normal HDD folder? Are you using an administrator account?

Try to 'Run as Administrator'.

Let me know if it doesn't work, I'll try to reproduce this issue here with some other maps.

Thanks mate

Guest lynx1121

i have tried running it as admin and it still says the same and im also running xp

That error definitely looks a 'permission based' error on the required file, so if not UAC (Win 7 Admin) then try disabling your anti-virus software before running the program.

Very strange. It worked fine on my Windows XP but it failed when using my father's computer with XP. But the code seems to be ok, as it's working fine on Vista/7/and my XP. Anyway, I will try to bundle an alternative copy procedure (using the Command Prompt) for Friday's release, this alternative might work fine, even though it's not so 'beautiful'.

Thanks for reporting Steve

Guest lynx1121

im glad its not just my pc that its not working hahaha

ill let you know after fridays release

My workload really prevented me to update the version today, so I'll have to postpone it for some days, although I suppose it will be here until Tuesday or Wednesday. I still need to perform the final tests, write the updated documentation etc., so I prefer to wait some days than releasing something that may have some tiny issues.

Sorry guys.

This just gets better and better B) ........ one of the bet utilities ever released for OMSI! ........ I used it today to check my "Tatra Regional Expanded" map before release, and found I'd missed a file......... lifesaver!

Thanks mate :thumbsup:

Guest lynx1121

Hi Thiago

Well im not getting the error no more, but after selecting the folder to copy the objects and splines, black boxes appear and the box saying that folders are copied ok but there is nothing in the new folder hahaha

what am i doing wrong?

Don't know mate, I performed yesterday 2 additional tests on different machines under windows xp and didn't experience any problems like those. The black boxes are normal, they are the command-prompt boxes. At the moment I ran out of ideas about what could be your problem. The temporary solution would be to copy them manually based on the list reported by the application. Sorry

This is such a fantastic tool, why have i just noticed this now. I shoulld really stop flicking through and start looking properly at whats availbile haha.

I'd hate to think just how stressful map creation in Omsi would be without people like you.

Superb :D