• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 MetaData

MetaData
  • Registered
  • 52 posts

Posted 19 May 2012 - 11:55 PM

Hi Guys,

I keep getting the above error when loading vehicles in the Teltow 3.0 map. It means that I don't have enough ram. However I have 8GB DDR3 1333mhz ram, it appears that OMSI only access about 2GB. Is there anyway to get around that?

P.S. I'm on a 64bit windows 7.

#2 londonmale2011

londonmale2011
  • Registered
  • 1,922 posts
  • Interests:driving omsi buses, train sim 2013, grand theft auto, watching you tube videos of bus routes and trains

Posted 20 May 2012 - 12:45 AM

prob not your computer it's an extensive map and the last update has been problems with. if i was you just wouldnt bother with it

mikey

#3 MetaData

MetaData
  • Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 52 posts

Posted 20 May 2012 - 12:58 AM

prob not your computer it's an extensive map and the last update has been problems with. if i was you just wouldnt bother with it

If I remove the map from the map folder, it shouldn't cause any issues with other maps right?

#4 gneb

gneb
  • Registered
  • 2,417 posts
  • Interests:...

Posted 20 May 2012 - 01:01 AM

I don't think so, it didn't happen to me, so I guess not.

#5 MetaData

MetaData
  • Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 52 posts

Posted 20 May 2012 - 01:04 AM

I don't think so, it didn't happen to me, so I guess not.

Ah okay. You have the same map? Btw, I downloaded some updates through the addon manager for some sceneryobjects, that shouldn't break anything either right? As in the addon manager for OMSI should be pretty safe to use?

#6 gneb

gneb
  • Registered
  • 2,417 posts
  • Interests:...

Posted 20 May 2012 - 01:14 AM

I downloaded it, but I didn't like it, so I deleted it...

#7 nvdw

nvdw
  • Registered
  • 262 posts

Posted 20 May 2012 - 01:27 AM

Hi MetaData,

OMSI is developed in 32 bit so you'll never get the full 8GB out of it.

Try reducing some settings, especially in the AI vehicles bit. Teltow has a lot of bus traffic going on.

#8 Mr Drive

Mr Drive
  • OMSI Staff
  • 4,797 posts
  • Interests:Omsi, Jazzmusic, Nice Girls, Cats, Buses, Trams, Trains, Food, Wine tasting, Whiskey, Recording and mixing, Star Trek (all series) and the meaning of life!

Posted 20 May 2012 - 02:56 AM

Lowering your unscheduled AI traffic will do the job.

#9 MetaData

MetaData
  • Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 52 posts

Posted 20 May 2012 - 03:24 AM

Lowering your unscheduled AI traffic will do the job.

I suppose, however it all works fine all other maps so I don't like to do that. Especially since my mobo + processor is less then 1 month old.

It says the following in the maps manual:

*There are 3 different timetable versions [Fahrplanversionen] of which one is installed. The standard version contains all drivable lines, die complete [vollständig] version contains also non drivable AI lines and the reduced [reduziert] version contains only 9 long lines. A less detailed timetable improves the performance and reduces the loading time.

I currently have the standard version. My question is as follows. If I change it for the reduced version, would it mean that I'll see less AI busses, but I'll still be able to drive all of the lines?

#10 Thiago

Thiago
  • OMSI Staff
  • 4,251 posts

Posted 20 May 2012 - 04:48 AM

This error is very strange, because sometimes it is related to traffic, others to models or textures, but it's generally caused due to OMSI's ineffective memory management.
Teltow is a "strange" map, and it's somewhat heavy regarding AI traffic, even though it's a simple map. Even with robust configurations, OMSI may stumble upon if it finds a large number of AI Traffics combined with a "odd" traffic network in a map. (There are small maps that for some reason makes AI Traffic cause much more problematic with memory than larger ones). So I would strongly recommend that you try lowering your settings.

OZx OMSI Wiki | Forum Rules

Temporarily out from OMSI development.

supporter_banner1.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users