Zu wenig Arbeitsspeicher

Question

Posted · Report post

Hi Guys,

I keep getting the above error when loading vehicles in the Teltow 3.0 map. It means that I don't have enough ram. However I have 8GB DDR3 1333mhz ram, it appears that OMSI only access about 2GB. Is there anyway to get around that?

P.S. I'm on a 64bit windows 7.

9 answers to this question

Posted · Report post

prob not your computer it's an extensive map and the last update has been problems with. if i was you just wouldnt bother with it

Posted · Report post

prob not your computer it's an extensive map and the last update has been problems with. if i was you just wouldnt bother with it

If I remove the map from the map folder, it shouldn't cause any issues with other maps right?

Posted · Report post

I don't think so, it didn't happen to me, so I guess not.

Posted · Report post

I don't think so, it didn't happen to me, so I guess not.

Ah okay. You have the same map? Btw, I downloaded some updates through the addon manager for some sceneryobjects, that shouldn't break anything either right? As in the addon manager for OMSI should be pretty safe to use?

Posted · Report post

I downloaded it, but I didn't like it, so I deleted it...

Posted · Report post

Hi MetaData,

OMSI is developed in 32 bit so you'll never get the full 8GB out of it.

Try reducing some settings, especially in the AI vehicles bit. Teltow has a lot of bus traffic going on.

Posted · Report post

Lowering your unscheduled AI traffic will do the job.

Posted · Report post

Lowering your unscheduled AI traffic will do the job.

I suppose, however it all works fine all other maps so I don't like to do that. Especially since my mobo + processor is less then 1 month old.

It says the following in the maps manual:

*There are 3 different timetable versions [Fahrplanversionen] of which one is installed. The standard version contains all drivable lines, die complete [vollständig] version contains also non drivable AI lines and the reduced [reduziert] version contains only 9 long lines. A less detailed timetable improves the performance and reduces the loading time.

I currently have the standard version. My question is as follows. If I change it for the reduced version, would it mean that I'll see less AI busses, but I'll still be able to drive all of the lines?

Posted · Report post

This error is very strange, because sometimes it is related to traffic, others to models or textures, but it's generally caused due to OMSI's ineffective memory management.

Teltow is a "strange" map, and it's somewhat heavy regarding AI traffic, even though it's a simple map. Even with robust configurations, OMSI may stumble upon if it finds a large number of AI Traffics combined with a "odd" traffic network in a map. (There are small maps that for some reason makes AI Traffic cause much more problematic with memory than larger ones). So I would strongly recommend that you try lowering your settings.