ANewLevel

Ústí map (from Czech republic)

Question

As some of you might have noticed before, Kosak, the author of the WIP Renault Karosa (and also the FBW ? Not sure...), is working on the Ústí nad Labem city for OMSI, a real czech city (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/%C3%9Ast%C3%AD_nad_Labem)

The old videos can be found here:

http://www.youtube.com/user/kosmanysko

The czech topic about its WIP work on the Karosa: http://forum.omsi.cz/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=184 (109 pages if you got nothing else to do... ;))

And the WIP thread of the map: http://forum.omsi.cz/viewtopic.php?f=37&t=91

Kosak's latest video:

Looks quite promising, uh ? :)

But the video shows that there is still lot of scenery to do, so I believe the map won't be released in the next few days...

...So far, I have to say that Kosak just rocks :) !

254 answers to this question

Hey, yes I am author of FBW too. :-)

I think that bus and map will be released in cca. one month.

But I have to say, that map will be released as a PAID ADDON

bus -> freeware ;-)

by the way, I am working hardly each day, at this time I am working on trolley lines

8109347.jpg

That looks fantastic, I will be happy to pay for the hard work and time spent on this map. cool.png

Just one thing Kosak; please make sure the map is released without the 'characters' above the letters like 'a' and 'u' etc in the file names........ as historically, they cause big problems for the majority of people with standard latin languages installed, without those characters. smile.png

Eg...

Ústí <<<< if these 'u' and 'i' characters are used in file names, particularly SCRIPT files, it can cause problems.

Many thanks!

Don't worry, general texts in the maps, like name, etc. will be without the 'characters', and the objects with it, will be released with my new Fonts for you ;-)

here you can see real track finally till 10:57

Edited by kosak

Thanks for sharing this with us Kosak :)

I wasn't really pro-payware addons (coming from MM2 and BVE community which is based on the freeware spirit), but I already bought Canterbury and i'm more than pleased with it... And as I can see your map reaches the fine-art level of detail and it definitely reminds me of my (too short) trip in Czech Republic, I'll definitely buy it !

My suggestion would be that you give us a demonstration version of the map with a short bus line to tease us to buy the full version, like Freeman did with Canterbury, if it's possible. Of course, it's up to you.

My suggestion would be that you give us a demonstration version of the map with a short bus line to tease us to buy the full version, like Freeman did with Canterbury, if it's possible. Of course, it's up to you.

I disagree........ You are entitled to your opinion, but he should not feel required to give away any of the map. He is putting hard work into it, and it looks like an exceptional map. Why shouldn't it be payware only? ........ most people can make some sacrifices and choices and save up a small amount of euros to buy a high quality map, that contains a lot of time and hard work. People expect far too much these days.... you cannot have everything you want in life, without cost.

I hope he will release it, at a fair price, that most can afford. But I hope he does not waste his time, building and maintaining '2' versions of the map, just to have to give away a free version too.

That's my opinion ;)

I Don`t mind if its releases as paywere

Edited by tline

look...

I will make trailer which show you all quality of this map and this video will not lie. In the forum wich is in first message are many many screens showing each part of the map, so I think that some free unrealistic version is not required ;-) And you will pay for many new objects from my and my friends workshop not only for map

Don't take me wrong: it was a suggestion and not a requirement.

To clarify my opinion, Longyear, it's not about expecting to have everything you want without any cost, it's a sale strategy: If people can try a demonstration version that prove them the real feeling of the map and then believe the full-version is even better, I do think it will help people decide to buy the full version - more than trailers.

My idea wasn't to make the map unrealistic by adding a fictionnal line, but a real and smaller one. Of course, the idea wasn't to waste Kosak time: once the demo is out, you do not have to keep it up-to-date.

Now that I've clarified my opinion, I'll keep my mouth shut about that, because, yet again, I'm not against buying some high-standard addon. And please, don't call that a sacrifice :).

I'm looking forward your updates, Kosak :)

OMSI was released without DEMO too... FREEMAN is only one person who make DEMO... I have never seen any PAID ADDOM with demo version released and I think it's stupid :-)

Many people are spoiled in this time, that's your problem... Sorry, but if somebody want my map, he has to pay for it or no map.

BTW. the price will be price will be about 4€ to 6€. I don't know yet

I think this is a very good map! Making a good and detailed map is a very time consuming thing. So why not paying for it? Even if this ditty cost 10 euro it is worth the price!!

Let's stay away from a discussion about payware. Don't forget it is not mandatory to buy it!

BTW. the price will be price will be about 4€ to 6€. I don't know yet

Any map that looks as good as this one does, in this price range, is a bargain. ...and like Mr Drive said, no-one is forced to buy. :)

Well, im supporting payware addons etc.

But here from my places.

Salaries here are about 200-300 euros, and 5-10 euros for addon map is a bit tooooo much for us. For your europian 1000-2000 euros salaries that is nothing..

I even dont have any internet card so i cant buy it.

but however its your decision and i respect :)

Edited by kopmania

Personally I can not wait to contribute Kosak,

I think the map looks amazing, your hard work is greatly appreciated and I am excited to give a little bit back!

THANK YOU KOSAK!

I would buy this map for sure ! It looks great and he has almost been working on it for a year soon ! One question: How many lines is on the map ? :)

Looking forward to it ! :D

I have been a huge fan of this map since I first came across images of this map, when I saw the post about this map on the official forums I got excited, and now I'm even more excited to hear that it will be released here for everyone! Amazing work Kosak, I tip my hat to you and your artwork here.

Though I have one little question, you said in your post: "bus -> freeware ;-)" Does that mean the map is paid but the bus will be free? Just curious, I doubt it'll matter to me...

Oi, Jay, can we pre-order maps yet? lol!

map -> payware

bus -> freeware

what can not understand?

Haha, nothing to not understand, just wanted to confirm if I was reading it right or not.

Sound great mate, I cannot wait. But I'm sure this goes without saying, don't rush this!

Don't worry Kopmania, I will buy it for you, no sweat

Im not sweat now, will be in summer :D hehe

Thank you, but you dont have to do that :)

I just said what are we doing here and how we think :)

I think here is real exemple. I saw couple days ago a good shirt for 8 Euros, so becouse i dont have my own money, i had to ask my parents to give me for that, and they said you dont need that its expensive now... Thats how many people do here.. So i think now you can understand image of us :)

But however i think we are just 2 here in this forum from this region, so

kopmania: I understand you, but I have to set up the universal price equal to the bigger group of customers and me...

but don't worry, may be we could make some deal later ;-)