• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 JonathanBateman

JonathanBateman
  • Registered
  • 38 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 05:13 AM

Hello,
I have just bought my Chinook model and would firstly like to say thank you very much indeed for this fantastic model both Nemeth and Milviz an excellent helo.

So I thought I would get the requests in early :D

Please can someone produce the standard RAF texture as well as a fictional UN all white repaint (preferably nice and dirty!!)

Thank you if you can help!
Simmarket:
#688204 Nemeth Designs SA-2

Nemeth Designs Store:
#002419 Nemeth Designs AS355
#001884 Nemeth Designs/ Milviz Chinook
#001110 Nemeth Designs AS350
#000095 Nemeth Designs/ Milviz AW190E

#2 flyinbilly

flyinbilly
  • Registered
  • 12 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 01:18 AM

If you look at this video released by sonic sound solutions, it does show an RAF livery on the chinook? : http://www.youtube.c...-EH4cq1Y#t=129s

#3 JonathanBateman

JonathanBateman
  • Registered
  • 38 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 01:25 AM

Yeah the impression I get of that video is that they used multiple models namely the Nemeth/Milviz CH47 and the Virtavia CH47(terrible, no offence) and one other that has a NASA repaint. But yes unfortunately there is definitely not an RAF repaint in the download only US Army. But the sheer quality of the model more than makes up for that!! If anyone is undecided as to whether to buy it or not I wouldn't hesitate, I mean I didn't hesitate!
Simmarket:

Nemeth Designs Store:

#4 flyinbilly

flyinbilly
  • Registered
  • 12 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 01:48 AM

yes, i thought it looked like the Virtavia, but just wanted to check haha and i am going to buy it, can i do it with direct download?

#5 JonathanBateman

JonathanBateman
  • Registered
  • 38 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 08:27 AM

Yeah you can (assuming you mean the nemeth helo), I paid using pay pal and about 30 seconds it was downloaded and ready for flight.
Simmarket:

Nemeth Designs Store:

#6 VanceDylan

VanceDylan
  • Nemeth Beta Tester
  • 57 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 08:52 PM

Indeed, they..and by they I mean me, (remember i'm a one man band :) used the Nemeth, Virtavia and FSN Freeware Chinooks when makng that sound pack and vid. The one that's comes with the Nemeth version is slightly different.
Vance

Posted Image

#7 JonathanBateman

JonathanBateman
  • Registered
  • 38 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 09:37 PM

Well a special thanks definitely has to go to you then. The sound pack certainly completes the package, there were some perfectly usable Chinook models before the Nemeth Chinook such as the UKMIL one but it is definitely not the same without the 'wooka wooka wooka' sound that makes this helicopter unique.

And yeah once again is there anyone that is capable to making these repaints, if there were I would be very grateful.
Simmarket:

Nemeth Designs Store:

#8 flyinbilly

flyinbilly
  • Registered
  • 12 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 06:41 AM

Just bought the Aircraft, absolutely stunning however some glitches: The back door doesn't open can't click door like on other doors, side gun windows open but then close instantly, The Outer Sounds are amazing, but the Cockpit sound only seem to have one key even with the Collective on 0% and 100%?

Edited by flyinbilly, 16 April 2012 - 06:45 AM.

#9 flyinbilly

flyinbilly
  • Registered
  • 12 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 06:43 AM

And They also, if you listen in this video, it has a sort of bumpy sound where the rotors create a vibration against the inside cockpit, kind of chopping sound: Becauase i know virtavia's sounds have that sort of bumping sound in the background, maybe something was missed out or cut out of the sound editing?

Edited by flyinbilly, 16 April 2012 - 06:47 AM.

#10 VanceDylan

VanceDylan
  • Nemeth Beta Tester
  • 57 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 10:55 PM

The sound in that video is distortion from a small camera, I don't use small recorders or cameras for recording so the sound is free of all those unwanted artifacts that aren't really there.
Vance

Posted Image

#11 flyinbilly

flyinbilly
  • Registered
  • 12 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 03:17 AM

Maybe this is better quality where you can hear the rotor blades making a sort of wooka wooka sound: http://www.youtube.c...bmJxjsT0#t=343s

#12 VanceDylan

VanceDylan
  • Nemeth Beta Tester
  • 57 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 09:37 PM

Maybe this is better quality where you can hear the rotor blades making a sort of wooka wooka sound: http://www.youtube.c...bmJxjsT0#t=343s

Yes that's way better of an example. It may get added into it if ND desires but my sound pack season is drawing to a close. Summer time for me is spent out in the garage playing music and out recording aircraft for the winter fs season.

Sorry to derail the original thread...
Vance

Posted Image

#13 Lowlevel600

Lowlevel600
  • Registered
  • 1 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 10:12 PM

Hello all. Thought I'd chip In here. Having spent a lot of time flying in Chinooks HC MKII's I can state that the sound package (internal) for the milviz Chinook is far from realistic. It requires much more engine whine and wokka wokka sound effects. As the aircraft climbs or banks the blade sound is very evident, although I don't think this can be simulated in FSX. The engine pitch remains constant relative to collective inputs which is correct on this model.

Some years ago I purchased a CD which had numerous helicopter sound effects of which the Chinook was one, all be it external only. But of a very high quality. I have since converted these to wav files and replaced with the default ones to great effect.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users