Welcome to OZx Forum

Welcome to OZx Forum guest,

Wouldn't it be nice if I would call you by your name or nickname of your choice ? 

Like most online communities you must register to post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of OZx Forum by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Sign in to follow this  
aussiecop

AS355 Latest paint in progress

it has 2 engines, the 350 has only 1

Thank you for the quite intresting information... I know the difference between 350 and 355 quite well... im first of all not blind, and i think, know a lot about this strange things, called helicopters...

the question is more this: before the release of the 350, you said, that the 355 will came with an Expansion Pack of the 350. (or something similar) But i think i got it...

Edited by consti

No there will be an expansion pack available for the 350 shortly, dependant on the success of the one for the 350 we may do one for the 355

Just an observation, but most As355 series helicopters have the pitot tube on the upper part of the nose under the windshield. The Australian aircraft you show and the East Midlands Police aircraft have the pitots on top, may I suggest that you carefully look at this as only much later aircraft had the tubes on the bottom of the nose section.

This model is based on the AS355NP which is the latest version of the family, so the pitots are in the correct place. The repaints however may be of different versions of the 355!! Good spot tho!!

BR

Rich

Unfortunately Doug, no matter which version we do, there will always be someone who says "maybe you should do version xxx of the model" once we decide on the model we have to stick with it unfortunately due to the advanced stage of development we are at.

The main difference is the pitot head position, if you use the NP version for all, many aircraft will have be depicted wrong. The model difference would only really be that part of the external model, not to difficult I would say. model.pt.mdl and model.pb.mdl. Also I noticed from screenshots that you have a mixed early version cockpit, analogue engine instruments and the NP cockpit with digital engine instruments. Therefore the change really is the external feature. There are many more early N version flying with the pitots on top than the later pitot on bottom versions. I would think that the base models should be built around the many and not the few, but that's just my view. Anyhow the model looks great!

Sign in to follow this