Welcome to OZx Forum

Welcome to OZx Forum guest,

Wouldn't it be nice if I would call you by your name or nickname of your choice ? 

Like most online communities you must register to post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of OZx Forum by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

DavidR.

[Released 26th Mar 2012]: Newcastle Pro v2.5

Question

[EDIT: Update from below post, Version 2.5 has indeed now been released :) See further down the thread for more details].

Hi all,

Just a heads up that I will be releasing Version 2.5 of Newcastle Pro by the end of this week.

This update will add Depot Runs; that is, timetabled tours will be added for two specific routings from the Stagecoach Slatyford Depot into the City Centre:-

One via the current 36 routing through Fenham: this depot run is used mainly for buses that are routing into the City to start a tour as a 36, but can also be used for buses heading into town from the depot, to start a 100 tour too.

The other routing is via West Road, which is used by most other Stagecoach routes on the map.

What will this add, in real terms?:

- A bus entry point ("spawn point") will be added for Slatyford Depot.

- Route Markes will guide your route for your depot runs.

- Tours will be added to the timetable system.

- AI buses will begin driving some depot runs, displaying "Not in service" on the matrix display.

I'm adding this and releasing it as v2.5 because a lot of people have made requests for this feature. Work continues on the main Version 3.0 release, which will add Route 33, a full new real-world Stagecoach route.

Thanks.

22 answers to this question

love the looks of this, Keep it up Longyear! yes.gif

Great ! How is the 33 coming along ? smile.png

It's coming along great my friend :) ... but it is only getting part-attention at the moment, as I'm also focussing strongly on UK Express. :)

NEWS: Version 2.5 released 26th March 2012 !

Version 2.5 adds depot runs, operating from Stagecoach Slatyford Depot, via 2 different routings into the City Centre. (From the Depot to the City: The routing via Fenham is best when you will be taking on Route 36 or Route 100 tours, and the routing via West Road is best when you will be taking on all other Routes on the map). These have been added as actual routes and tours accessible from the OMSI timetable menu option. To operate these, start OMSI, open the Newcastle Pro map, spawn a bus at "Slatyford Depot (Depot Runs)" and then open the timetable menu and set up a tour. Then operate "dead" (not picking up passengers) to the City Centre.

The routing from Slatyford Depot to City Via Fenham, terminates at Westage Rd, ready for most services to commence. (Upon reaching this point, you should re-access the timetable menu and set up your normal route tour).

The routing from Slatyford Depot to City Via West Rd, terminates at John Dobson St, ready for the Northbound services towards Gosforth (eg....10. 30. 31. 35).

You can of course end your "Depot Run" at any point, and start your revenue service.

You will also now see occasional AI buses operating depot runs on the map, displaying "Sorry, Not In Service" smile.png

Don't forget to DELETE the NEWCASTLE folder from OMSI / Maps, before installing Version 2.5.

This version also uses a new HOF file, so you MUST use this new Version 2.5 HOF file with all of your buses on the map now!

Don't forget: when you first install Newcastle Pro Version 2.5, the OPTIONAL "Super Real AI" will not be activated. You need to browse to OMSI / Maps / Newcastle / Optional_AI and copy the TTData Folder and the AIList.cfg into your OMSI / Maps / Newcastle folder.

http://aussiex.org/f...-newcastle-pro/

Cheers.

Working fine here, currently following a 'Not in Service' bus before my first run, thank you mate! smile.png

Always great to hear that a new version is working ok, thanks so much Thiago! :cool:

Here is a typical, suggested "Day in the life of a Stagecoach Newcastle Driver" scenario, for you to drive on Version 2.5 of the Newcastle Pro map:-

1). Load up OMSI, start the Newcastle Pro map, and spawn a NL202 (in Stagecoach colours) at "Slatyford Depot (Depot Runs)".

2). Open the OMSI timetable page and set up a line for the "Depot to City Via West Road" line, and a tour near to your approximate time.

3). Set your destination matrix: Linie: 00000, Ziel: 200 (there are no 'routes' for depot runs, so use linie and ziel. (this displays "Sorry, Not In Service").

4). Drive dead (not picking up passengers), following the "Depot Run, Via West Road" route markers, then subsequently follow the "Route 10" route markers.

5). When you get to the Bus Stop "Westgate Road 1", park up, put your park brake on, and set your Linie to 3800, and Route to 01.

6). Access the OMSI Timetable Menu and set up Line 38, with a tour close to your current time, heading towards "Freeman Hospital". (Remember to check the times accordingly, because you are not starting from either 38 terminus at this point! ... you're at Westgate Road 1)

7). Drive the remainder of the (real-world, as all the routes are on this map) 38 route, from City Centre to Freeman Hospital.

8). At Freeman Hospital, terminate and next head to Whickham View terminus. (Route 02).

9). At Whickham View, access the OMSI timetable menu again, close your 38 tour, and open up a new 31 tour, from Whickham View to Montagu Estate (there aren't as many of these, as most 31 tours start at Fenham rather than Whickham View... but they are there!).

10). Set up your Destination Matrix for Linie 3100, and Route 04. (Whickham View - Montagu Estate).

11). Drive to Montagu Estate.

12). At Montagu Estate, set Linie 3100, and Route 02 and drive back the opposite way, but this time past Whickham View and onwards to Fenham, Neherby Drive.

13). At Fenham, Netherby Drive, set Linie 3600 and Route 02 and drive Route 36 from Fenham to the City Centre (Newgate St).

14). At City Centre (Newgate St), Set Linie 3500 and Route 01 and drive to Red House Farm. (Open a tour in the timetable menu for this route first).

15). At Red House Farm, set Linie 3500 and Route 02 and drive back to City Centre (Newgate St).

16). At City Centre (Newgate St), set your Linie to 000 and your Ziel to 200

17). Open the OMSI timetable menu and set up a "City to Depot, Via Fenham" run.

18). Follow the "Route 36" route markers until reaching Fenham, Netherby Drive, then turn right and follow route markers to Slatyford Depot.

Now.......... that's the exact shift (half of a daily drivers shift, which is split) that my cousin drove, for the real Stagecoach Newcastle, yesterday! cool.png

- (Dead) Depot <> City (Via West Rd)

- (38) City <> Freeman Hospital

- (38) Freeman Hospital - Whickham View

- (31) Whickham View <> Montagu Estate

- (31) Montagu Estate <> Fenham

- (36) Fenham <> City

- (35) City <> Red House Farm

- (35) Red House Farm <> City

- (Dead) City <> Depot (Via Fenham)

Sometimes, the final leg you can see above is driven as a revenue service on Route 36, with a destination of "Slatyford Depot" shown on the bus. This bus is in reality terminating at the normal Fenham, Netherby Drive bus stop, but the destination is set to "Slatyford Depot" to show passengers that this particular bus will not be continuing beyond Fenham as a Line 30/31.

Happy Driving!

Interestingly, that above half shift, is one shift where I would have bit of a falling out with whoever made this profit-loss shift!

It would be more economical to drive up to Whickham View and start a full 38 route, or do a short X82 from Denton Hotel Junction.

From the city after route 35, it would be economical to just do a in-service 36, which is NOT timetabled (by that it is a bonus service where the driver has discretion).

I do like the idea of Dead shifts, especially in this rendition of Newcy, especially for Lines at the City Centre which don't pass near the depot (such as 35 and 100), but for all lines which pass within a 5 minute drive of the depot, I would just start from there (ie X82 from Denton, 38 Whickham, 10 from either Denton or West Denton, 36 from Slatyford etc) and then just turn into a 100 and 35 when there.

Non-timetabled trips are going to become a thing of the future soon, because it means another service operating, and money gained on EVERY journey! Plus, the company does not get a rollicking everytime the service is late, since it doesn't technically exist at all!

Guest lynx1121

ill have to wait till v3 cus i cant play v2.5, i get that silly address error thing

ill have to wait till v3 cus i cant play v2.5, i get that silly address error thing

The only difference between v2.4 and v2.5 is that there are a couple of extra lines running (the depot runs). It is very unlikely that they will be causing an error. However a lot of people have messed around a lot with their NL202 files, and this could cause issues potentially.

Have you tried using the STANDARD AI files instead of the custom Optional ones? ........ In case it is that your PC just cannot handle the volume of traffic now, try:

- Opening OMSI, and immediately going to the OPTIONS,

- Turning down your AI settings,

- Restarting and try opening the Newcastle Pro map again.

If nothing works and you cannot get v2.5 working at all, try reinstalling v2.4 for now. (If you no longer have it's intaller, drop me a PM and I will send you a link to v2.4).

But honestly, there isn't actually anything wrong in v2.5 as a lot of people are using it ok... It just nay be that your OMSI directory has become a but too custom. With a few tweaks here and there it should be possible to have the map running.

Interestingly, that above half shift, is one shift where I would have bit of a falling out with whoever made this profit-loss shift!

It would be more economical to drive up to Whickham View and start a full 38 route, or do a short X82 from Denton Hotel Junction.

From the city after route 35, it would be economical to just do a in-service 36, which is NOT timetabled (by that it is a bonus service where the driver has discretion).

I do like the idea of Dead shifts, especially in this rendition of Newcy, especially for Lines at the City Centre which don't pass near the depot (such as 35 and 100), but for all lines which pass within a 5 minute drive of the depot, I would just start from there (ie X82 from Denton, 38 Whickham, 10 from either Denton or West Denton, 36 from Slatyford etc) and then just turn into a 100 and 35 when there.

Non-timetabled trips are going to become a thing of the future soon, because it means another service operating, and money gained on EVERY journey! Plus, the company does not get a rollicking everytime the service is late, since it doesn't technically exist at all!

Flippy, your theory assumes that it is always most profitable for a bus to immediately operate revenue service on any route that it passes. Let me tell you a scenario where this doesn't apply:-

- What is more profitable; running a revenue service on a relatively quiet routing, just because you were passing it, or, running it dead, so that you get to a busier area (in this case the City Centre) earlier, to pick up core traffic at peak time?

That is what the above tour is doing; it will take more revenue by getting to the City quicker, in order to serve the busy cross-city traffic that Newcastle has, rather than trundling through Fenham (a predominantly student area these days), at a time when most students are in bed. wink.png

@ Longyear : For the sake of sake's (lol), if the journey is quiet, they might as well operate a non-timetabled service - which means the driver can choose to run in service to the city or dead. Since it is quiet, a couple of extra minutes won't hurt, and may increase revenue, rather than driving entirely dead. It won't surplus driver hours that much because they have to consider inevitable delays when planning for maximum hour usage!

To another end, I would just operate dead to Whickham, Netherby or Denton Hotel, and then turn into a service from these points - it means less 'dead' diesal as it were, and more chance to gain money. I understand that the section between Whickham and City may be quiet at that time, so again maybe do the direct West Rd service, but don't timetable it publically, only on the driver card, and they have the choice. They will most likely run dead but it allows the big bosses to say 'actually do a service and get a couple of extra quid'. Couple of minutes = couple of quid, or couple of minutes = wasted fuel...it's a toughy either way.

As I say, a debate for the sakes of sake's, and to engage in true bus chat :)

No problem. :)

But what you're suggesting still suggests that operating any revenue service is better than operating dead in order to "be somewhere else, faster, in order to operate on a more heavily patronized service".

I guess different bus companies do things differently, as one would expect.