Enviro 400

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
5 replies to this topic

#1 somynameiswhat?

somynameiswhat?
  • Banned
  • 92 posts

Posted 12 March 2012 - 06:49 AM

I'm looking for someone who is able to model the ADL Enviro 400. If not, i'm looking for some modelling programmes that are EASY TO USE and/or some tutorials. Anyone willing to help?
50 posts! Posted Image

#2 DavidR.

DavidR.
  • Registered
  • 10,235 posts

Posted 12 March 2012 - 06:56 AM

As has been said many times before, requests on the forum for people to build a bus that you want, are never really going to work.

You are extremely unlikely to get someone to say "oh ok then, I'll build the bus you want", and actually do it. Builing a bus for OMSI is a huge undertaking (considerably more than most maps I would say), and the projects are usually very personal to the bus builders.

So someone agreeing to invest 5 months of their time to build a bus that you want is just very unlikely I'm afraid.

Building it yourself is probably more realistic but be warned it takes a lot of commitment, persistence and skill to build a working bus in OMSI, many have tried and given up.

#3 Ben Martin

Ben Martin
  • Registered
  • 212 posts
  • Interests:Buses, OMSI and Liverpool FC /Football

Posted 12 March 2012 - 06:57 AM

im going 2 try soon the Super Plaxton Pointer Darts. like the guy in front says with good helpful tutorials i will try and do it.
Posted Image

#4 somynameiswhat?

somynameiswhat?
  • Topic Starter
  • Banned
  • 92 posts

Posted 12 March 2012 - 07:14 AM

Tutorials will help though, if anyone has any?
50 posts! Posted Image

#5 Thiago

Thiago
  • OMSI Staff
  • 4,310 posts

Posted 12 March 2012 - 07:20 AM

Extremely recommended: Blender - since you want to start modelling, my best recommendation is start using the tool that OMSI best communicates with.
In OMSI tutorials topic here you can find a very introductory video about the basics of modelling.

By the way, I need to be frank: modelling a bus as a first project is a very ambitious thing. I would recommend trying to model some simple things first, until you get comfortable with Blender's interface - which is very ugly by the way.
There are hundreds of modelling tutorials in the internet, as well as youtube videos.
My best suggestion: http://www.blender.o...help/tutorials/

OZx OMSI Wiki | Forum Rules

Temporarily out from OMSI development.

supporter_banner1.png

#6 muckijeste

muckijeste
  • Registered
  • 1,023 posts

Posted 12 March 2012 - 06:50 PM

3ds Max is probably the easiest to use professional 3d program. A few tutorials, and you're a professional. You can get a free education version, as long as you are not going to sell your projects. But, as everybody above me said, it takes a lot of patience to model a bus, especially for OMSI, so think twice before start modeling, mate :)
Posted Image
I'd rather be late 10 minutes with a bus, than take a taxi...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users