Grundorf 2012 (work in progress)

Question

Posted

hi all,

here is how far i have got in grundorf 2012.

pictureasd.png

gallery_6520_168_3234952.png

gallery_6520_168_162219.gif

gallery_6520_168_7310.gif

gallery_6520_168_243599.gif

80692658.png

83035480.png

abcbf.png

abcda.png

65535003.png

75139215.png

85902615.png

no release date yet.

enjoy!

85 answers to this question

Posted (edited)

these objects are needed :

OMSI New Objects - http://www.multiupload.com/BIV0ZFM0TO

Grundorf City Transport D92 Repaints & AI Traffic Pack -

New Bus Stops for OMSI - http://dl2.gcmods.de...ankfurt_1.0.ams

Bad Kinzau 2.0 - http://www.omnibussi...ead&threadID=13

3d transport studio objects - http://3dtranstudio....ts_building.php

3d studio - verschines, schilder, industrie, häuser, cat.

New objects (kiosks, fountains, .. - http://aussiex.org/forum/index.php?/topic/10870-new-objects-kiosks-fountains-released

market stalls v1.0 - http://aussiex.org/f...ket-stalls-v10/

woelfchen_90 objects - http://files.trsdort..._90_objekte.rar

canterbury donors - http://aussiex.org/forum/index.php?/topic/10298-omsi-maps-canterbury-donors-version/

Edited by 09dermea

Posted

its looking awesome, i will definitely download it when u finish it, let me know plz.

Posted

I really like how some stops are just like Pull up not on the road or anything it's more like the countryside it looks awesome can't wait!!

Owen

Posted

Looks interesting :) I really like the bus livery. And I like that bus stop type, it's like UK style :P

Posted

the bus repaint is by adrian, here is the forum post - and -

Posted

great pic, lets just hope low end pc's can use this map, it will enjoyed my many

Posted

great pic, lets just hope low end pc's can use this map, it will enjoyed my many

let's just hope so. yes.gif

thank you everyone for your support.

Posted

pics looking good adam just going to be bugger because i havent managed to get round to getting cant donor map yet

Posted

So to play this map I need Canterbury donors -map, which costs 4,00£? Then I cant play this one. :(

Posted

So to play this map I need Canterbury donors -map, which costs 4,00£? Then I cant play this one. sad.png

The objects that Freeman made for Canterbury are beautiful and took him 6 months to make, so it's undertandable that if people are using them in other maps, that Canterbury Donor needs to be purcahsed first.

PS........ Canterbury is the best £4 you could ever spend, and worth a lot more than that, so any moans about £4 will not be welcome here.

Posted (edited)

An in progress map release -

http://www.mediafire...sabidznjcp1e2wd

I am uploading some objects now.yes.gif

Edited by 09dermea

Posted

Cool. don't forget to not upload the Canterbury objects. ;)

Posted

Do i need to have permition from Freeman?

PS - The link for Bad Kinzau is broken, but i did find the new one - http://www.mediafire.com/?yf7pb8l270t7eq4

Posted

I'm not sure, maybe it is better, since the price of the map actually refers to the objects itself.

It is best to PM him.

Posted

Do i need to have permition from Freeman?

PS - The link for Bad Kinzau is broken, but i did find the new one - http://www.mediafire...yf7pb8l270t7eq4

I will make this VERY clear, as we've had problems before:

Do NOT upload the objects from CANTERBURY.

Users will need to have Canterbury installed. ....so will need to have bought the donors version.

Thanks for your co-operation and for protecting the hard work of others.

Posted (edited)

I'm not sure, maybe it is better, since the price of the map actually refers to the objects itself.

It is best to PM him.

I think i should just leave it out of the package.

I don't want to get in trouble again.

Here is the object package (Without canterbury objects)

NOT ALL OBJECTS INCLUDED. http://www.mediafire.com/?6j7guf1jxac23y6

Edited by 09dermea

Posted

I think i should just leave it out of the package.

I don't want to get in trouble again.

Here is the object package (Without canterbury objects)

NOT ALL OBJECTS INCLUDED. http://www.mediafire...6j7guf1jxac23y6

Perfect..... that's all you need. :)

Then people will either already have Canterbury Donor and will see your objects from that any way.... or else they can purchase.

I think your project looks great and really support it, but you must respect other people's work and the huge work that Freeman put into the Canterbury objects. Those can't be given away, left right and centre, in other maps.

Cheers.

Posted

I need to think about things because im noticing many maps using lots of objects from Canterbury now - just seen also which has loads of my objects.

It really difficult to make a decision as to whether maybe its the time to release the full object folder to the non-donors. Maybe I will make a forum topic soon to ask the opinions of my donors.

Posted

I think it's not a good idea Freeman, given that probably we'll start seeing your objects deprecated with different paintings (which may not have the same quality as yours), and will get spread along every map folder throughout the web.

We know that our payware maps here were already hosted illegaly and it's somewhat impossible to keep firm control on these things, but keeping the objects restricted to Canterbury and having them along the map is what your fantastic map even more unique! Probably some people may find unfair with those who donated (not my case let me state, since I donated because that was a fantastic job that worth donating!). My only concern is about the probability of having repainted objects or wrong use of them in other maps

Posted

The problem is that most of the members are under 18. That means that they cant buy your map.

But it will be unfair for those who bought it, if you release the objects.

Posted

so is the grundorf been published yet or is it close for it?

Posted

@ Peter - Hypothetically a lot of people under 18 CAN buy it if they have a Debit Card (which in this day and age, a heck of a lot of 'teen's do. Under 16's perhaps might not, unless they beg their mother! But that is still no reason to 'steal' the objects - it's not a path of life they should be considering at their age!

@ Freeman - As Thiago and Peter said, I think it should be still donors-only, but possibly just make sure it is credited correctly if your objects are used (and if they are used, that the author does their best to eliminate the actual buildings folder from the download, with a link towards Canterbury Donors). To be honest, there is only going to be one map in the whole OMSI network which the buildings are suited for and that is Canterbury - after all they built based on the exact models from East Kent! Hopefully if you keep to your wits, people will acknowledge the package you have created for us on OZx (and if they are not in the download for whichever map it is, they will realize they need the map for the full experience - then creators may stop taking advantage of your hard graft!)

Posted (edited)

@ Peter - Hypothetically a lot of people under 18 CAN buy it if they have a Debit Card (which in this day and age, a heck of a lot of 'teen's do. Under 16's perhaps might not, unless they beg their mother! But that is still no reason to 'steal' the objects - it's not a path of life they should be considering at their age!

@ Freeman - As Thiago and Peter said, I think it should be still donors-only, but possibly just make sure it is credited correctly if your objects are used (and if they are used, that the author does their best to eliminate the actual buildings folder from the download, with a link towards Canterbury Donors). To be honest, there is only going to be one map in the whole OMSI network which the buildings are suited for and that is Canterbury - after all they built based on the exact models from East Kent! Hopefully if you keep to your wits, people will acknowledge the package you have created for us on OZx (and if they are not in the download for whichever map it is, they will realize they need the map for the full experience - then creators may stop taking advantage of your hard graft!)

i agree with this you dont want people stealing off you its like a repaint you dont really want people to copy the repaints that you do and well ok i know there are a few versions of stagecoach liveries out etc but each person has differents skills (the lucky few) and well in all honesty i would be pretty peeved if someone stole my map (which i dont have) and took it else where after putting so much work in to it..

but most under 18's can buy from the internet well ok ebay was the biggest target for underage accounts and well all i can say on it really is trusted sources online i buy from others i dont...i buy from play.com and amazon since 2004 at college i have bought off ebay (car parts) you just have to do some reading of certain things... canterburys donars map aussiex will be the next purchase....then it will be a tablet and a SLR camera ebay.

I need to think about things because im noticing many maps using lots of objects from Canterbury now - just seen also which has loads of my objects.

It really difficult to make a decision as to whether maybe its the time to release the full object folder to the non-donors. Maybe I will make a forum topic soon to ask the opinions of my donors.

i think you should keep the objects as they are i am itching to get my hands on the donors map not complaining about the £4 price tag everytime i want to go buy it i never have the money to do so lol but when i do this time i will have to make sure i get this map for reasons i loved the basic version and i would like to run more of it....

Edited by Chris Myers

Posted

thanks for all the advice, it really does help. I just feel a bit sad that numerous projects that I see such as Grundorf 2012 and Woolich are going to be limited to my donors, but on the other side that is fair considering donors pay for the objects essentially.

With all things considered I feel that the entire Freeman Objects folder is too much to give out at the moment, however for Bowdenham I put a little package together with some models from donors edition but not many - therefore to map creators - You should only use the Buildings_Freeman used in Bowdenham..... and if not, then you will have to bare in mind that your map will only be available to my donors (and the stealers)

Objects do take time to make, especially making the textures (which are not perfect) but it involves alot of scaling and distorting.

A typical object for me takes these steps.

- Build the model by eye using google streetview

- Take print screens from streetview of the object in question (not easy as alot of time the streetview hasnt aligned correctly)

- Paste the print screen into image editing software

- Straighten and align the image and delete unessary bits like the Sky

- important the texture onto the model

- align the texture onto the model correctly

- export

Posted

@ Freeman.

There is nothing at all to feel bad about. People using your objects without permission are the ones who should be feeling bad!

And please, please, please do not give away your full library of Canterbury Donors objects. That would really de-value them, and open the flood gates to a lot of 'samey' maps, that are flooded with your objects (thus lessening the uniqueness of Canterbury).

It is perfectly reasonable that people need to have your map, in order for other maps that use your objects to work.

Cheers.