Do you Remember, Pilzdorf?

Do you Remember Pilzdorf OMSI Classic

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
20 replies to this topic

#1 Lockheart

Lockheart
  • OMSI Staff
  • 2,216 posts
  • Interests:Trains, Buses, Subways, Tunnels, Model Trains, City building, Art, 3d Design, Mass Transit.

Posted 29 February 2012 - 04:41 AM

So I came up with an interesting idea, since I'm at a stand still with my own projects, to try something interesting, I present to you: "Do you remember? Series"

Today's subject: Pilzdorf

Posted Image

What is 'Pilzdorf'?

Pilzdorf is the first, or at least one of the first custom addon maps for OMSI. Complete with a train station, Central Station/ZOB, Mid Town station, Airport and plenty more. It also has 6 different routes running. By today's standards this map is very basic. Requires no custom objects, but did contain rollblinds and its HOF file as a separate download.

What makes it special?

What makes Pilzdorf special, is that it was made before all the custom map designs were brought in, no Simple streets, or custom objects here. But what is here is well done, you don't get the feeling anything was done just for the sake if it. What has been done makes you feel it is there for a reason and not just to fill in the map. There is also no areas that make you scratch your head and wonder what it is supposed to be. The map is also varied in heights, expect no flat map here. Lastly this was also the first custom map I ever played after picking up OMSI bus.

Faults in this?

Very few, if any. But what will likely stand out to people is places like the City Centre, or Stadtmitte. Which ever but route passes through, and all use the exact same stop, even though one can clearly see other stops available. There is also one route that runs up a winding mountain, ala Bad Kinzau. but this one was done before BK and done quite well, not tight or annoying to drive. Another thing that could stand out is the fact that majority of the routes follow a similar path before finally breaking off, this is due to all 6 routes starting at the ZOB and then going to the Stadtmitte before breaking off into their own directions.

Routes?

There are six routes that run over the course of a day, no special times or days it appears.
Route 1: ZOB - Oberpilzdorf (11 Min)
Route 2: ZOB - Industriegebiet Süd (11 Min)
Route 3: ZOB - Meersbach Bahnhof (12 Min)
Route 4: ZOB - Fichtensee Strandbad (11 Min)
Route 5: Felsberg - Flugplatz (11 Min)
Route 6: Gasthaus Zur Mühle - Meesbach Bahnhof (17 Min) (*This route appears to have a few extra variations as well, ranging from 11 Min to 17 Min)

Custom Stuff, extra downloads?

As stated before this map contains no custom media, as it uses all stock OMSI objects. Though it does require one to download its HOF file and Rollblinds separate.

Download link: N/A, I don't know if this map is still available to download, if anyone does know, please post a link.

EDIT: Here is a link found on YouTube. You use at your own risk: http://hotfile.com/d...i_maps.rar.html

and some Images for you:

And lastly a question for all of you, what do you think of this idea? Should I do more like this, and if so what map should I do next?

Edited by Longyear, 01 March 2012 - 12:37 AM.

----------------------

Red Text: If you see my posts in this manner, I am speaking as a staff member or on behalf of the staff team.

Black Text: Words in normal black are me as a average member of the board.

#2 adrian

adrian
  • Registered
  • 427 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 04:48 AM

I think that's a great idea mate, especially for those amongst us (me included) who are fairly new to the world of OMSI and aren't aware of every single add-on map that's out there, particularly the earlier ones. I'd certainly be interested in having a look at this map if it's still available.

#3 EirikhO

EirikhO
  • Registered
  • 797 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 04:52 AM

Great idea, please do more! No idea what to do next though, perhaps one of David's early maps?

esuszk.png

#4 muckijeste

muckijeste
  • Registered
  • 1,023 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 04:54 AM

I found a couple of links, but they are not mine, I used google. Not sure if I should post but here:

http://hotfile.com/d...i_maps.rar.html

All the copyright of the files belongs to its makers/uploaders, blah blah blah. EDIT: Oh, and yes! You should definetely do more.

Edited by Longyear, 01 March 2012 - 12:37 AM.

Posted Image
I'd rather be late 10 minutes with a bus, than take a taxi...

#5 Lockheart

Lockheart
  • Topic Starter
  • OMSI Staff
  • 2,216 posts
  • Interests:Trains, Buses, Subways, Tunnels, Model Trains, City building, Art, 3d Design, Mass Transit.

Posted 29 February 2012 - 05:06 AM

Glad to hear you guys like it! I hope to do more, I'm thinking a weekly basis for now, don't want to run out of maps to quickly. I'll take any suggestions anyone has for maps to 'review' so to speak, but for now I would personally like to aim at those unpopular/forgotten maps, bring some attention to them that many may have missed. But other then that, feel free to suggest a map on any of these topics I'll be making over the weeks.

@Muckijeste, if it does contain Pilzdorf, great. If not, I might look into gathering its stuff up and uploading it somewhere or here for others to play.

----------------------

Red Text: If you see my posts in this manner, I am speaking as a staff member or on behalf of the staff team.

#6 DavidR.

DavidR.
  • Registered
  • 10,235 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 05:14 AM

Ha ha, yes I remember Pilzdorf with it's nice small routes. :) ... a good little early map, one of those that was great to play if you only had 15 minutes spare for an OMSI session. :)

I remember Pilzdorf was released about the same time as my (equally early and basic) Dannenburg map. :)

#7 Mr Drive

Mr Drive
  • OMSI Staff
  • 4,402 posts
  • Interests:Omsi, Jazzmusic, Nice Girls, Cats, Buses, Trams, Trains, Food, Wine tasting, Whiskey, Recording and mixing, Star Trek (all series) and the meaning of life!

Posted 29 February 2012 - 05:33 AM

The legacy maps!!! Very good idea indeed. I think i have this ditty somewhere on my old PC, didn't drive much on it to be true.

#8 muckijeste

muckijeste
  • Registered
  • 1,023 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 05:47 AM

@Lockheart Yes, indeed, it contains Pilzdorf and only Pilzdorf :)
Posted Image

#9 Thiago

Thiago
  • OMSI Staff
  • 4,002 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 06:09 AM

When Pilzdorf was released I played it for long hours, it was really a great enjoyment. Unfortunately most of these maps are now forgotten and they are the basis and also the first steps that authors decided to walk towards OMSI development, so in my opinion they need to be remembered.
Great topic here mate, if this could be done in a weekly basis, as you said, it would be very interesting. Something like an OMSI magazine : )

OZx OMSI Wiki | Forum Rules

Temporarily out from OMSI development.

supporter_banner1.png

#10 Lockheart

Lockheart
  • Topic Starter
  • OMSI Staff
  • 2,216 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 06:19 AM

When Pilzdorf was released I played it for long hours, it was really a great enjoyment. Unfortunately most of these maps are now forgotten and they are the basis and also the first steps that authors decided to walk towards OMSI development, so in my opinion they need to be remembered.
Great topic here mate, if this could be done in a weekly basis, as you said, it would be very interesting. Something like an OMSI magazine : )

Well said mate, looking at the map in the editor, one can really see that this was one of those first true attempts at an OMSI map, many minor mistakes can be found, such as the passenger boxes(for those that wait at the bus stops) are crammed into the bus shelters, as well as some stops not even having ANY passenger boxes period. But looking beyond that it still is a well done early map for OMSI.

I do hope that I can do this on a weekly basis, dunno if I'll have any sort of set day of the week to do it, but I will say that over next week I will have another map to go over for everyone, I have wanted to do something like this and I'm excited to know many appear to like the idea as much as I do, so I'm happy to bring this to the Aussiex forums.

@Muckijeste, Great to hear, I've edited my first post to include the link for others.

Edited by Longyear, 01 March 2012 - 12:38 AM.

----------------------

#11 DavidR.

DavidR.
  • Registered
  • 10,235 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 06:30 AM

When I created V1 of 'Dannenburg' I didn't even know how to elevate the terrain at all (to create hills etc). But I learned it for V2, when I added the second route (Route 5), so when you drive that map you notice that Route 4 is completely flat, but Route 5 as soon as it diverts from the main road has a huge hill, at which is the terminus. That route & hill was my first experiment with terrain elevation in OMSI, back in April last year. :)

#12 Freeman1001

Freeman1001
  • Registered
  • 490 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 06:42 AM

yes, I remember that map. Several little lines in what I would call a "lego" city. I did enjoy it but it was no replacement for Berlin just because the lines were too short. I remember the bit coming out the depot and across that bridge, that felt nice.

good idea Lockheart, yes you should do a weekly series - dont forget one of my favorite all time maps = (cant remember name) sachen Anshalt or something like that. It was a long route, nice environments.

#13 DavidR.

DavidR.
  • Registered
  • 10,235 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 06:48 AM

dont forget one of my favorite all time maps = (cant remember name) sachen Anshalt or something like that. It was a long route, nice environments.

Yes, Sacsen-Anhalt, also known as "Linie 172", as that was it's name at V1. Great, long map. :cool:

#14 relay

relay
  • Registered
  • 629 posts
  • Interests:Any and everything related to mass transportation. Trains, trams, buses, airplanes, passenger ships and ferry boats. And of course, computer simulation of the foregoing.

Posted 29 February 2012 - 09:52 PM

Having been disappointed with my hometown (CBS 2010) simulator, I approached OMSI with caution and trepidation. I think that by the time I got into it, Pilzdorf might have been outshined by newer maps, so I wasn't aware of it either. But I did follow the link and retreived it. As is my habit, I simply took a few rides, as a passenger (F2 view) to get the lay of the land. This is really a great map. considering that it was all done with default objects and splines. Thanks for the "Do you remember" series. This is a good idea. Now I'm off to drive some new routes in Pilzdorf.

#15 muckijeste

muckijeste
  • Registered
  • 1,023 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 11:28 PM

Could you please put that the link is not mine, I found it on the youtube video? I don't want any trouble with the uploader.
Posted Image

#16 DavidR.

DavidR.
  • Registered
  • 10,235 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 12:39 AM

Could you please put that the link is not mine, I found it on the youtube video? I don't want any trouble with the uploader.

@ Muckijeste: No problem. I'm sure Lockheart wouldn't mind so I just briefly edited his post to state that it is a YouTune link of unknown original, and that people use at their own risk. :)

#17 Guest_lynx1121_*

Guest_lynx1121_*
  • Guests

Posted 01 March 2012 - 02:20 AM

is it ideas you want to make basic map or ideas to find first maps made?

Edited by lynx1121, 01 March 2012 - 02:20 AM.

#18 eku.L

eku.L
  • Registered
  • 517 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 02:48 AM

Turns out that my first mod (and judging by the old OMSI forum, among the first mods for the whole game except for a few) was actually new rollbands and depot files for this map, lol! I went and dug out the old post, which happens to be the very first topic in the Bus Mods/Bus Repaints section of the old forum.

===============================================
PILZDORF V1.1 DESTINATION DISPLAYS
by ediblechickenwing
===============================================

This is a set of updated depot files and rollbands for the Pilzdorf v1.1 map in OMSI by Wizard.

=============================
Installation Instructions

Extract the "Vehicles" folder contained in this package to your OMSI directory, e.g. "C:\m-r-software\Omsi". If prompted to overwrite existing files, click "Yes".

Additional Notes

Changing the destination matrix/rollband to "Blanko" or "Schulbus" will no longer make your passengers exit; therefore only "Betriebsfahrt" will do so. I did this to make it more realistic; a blank display does not always mean the bus is not in service.

If you wish to edit and/or re-release/re-upload any files contained within this package, please state the original author as "ediblechickenwing" on your download site and/or a text file within the new release.

If you have any problems using or installing this package, please consult the official OMSI forum @ http://omnibussimula...forumieren.com/

Thanks for downloading, enjoy!

10/03/2011

DOWNLOAD (GAMEFRONT)

As it happens, my second mod was a similar thing but for the Sachsen-Anhalt map you mentioned above but this time I pushed the boat out and included icons on them lol! http://www.omsimods....id=130150242017

Edited by eku.L, 01 March 2012 - 02:55 AM.

47LFlKE.png

#19 Lockheart

Lockheart
  • Topic Starter
  • OMSI Staff
  • 2,216 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 05:46 AM

@ Muckijeste: No problem. I'm sure Lockheart wouldn't mind so I just briefly edited his post to state that it is a YouTune link of unknown original, and that people use at their own risk. Posted Image

Many thanks for that fix mate, I would have done it myself, but it would have been really late.

is it ideas you want to make basic map or ideas to find first maps made?

Not exactly sure what you are asking there? Me personally I'm asking if anyone has suggestions for older maps that many might not know about, like Pilzdorf. That I could sorta review and bring to peoples attention.

----------------------

#20 Guest_lynx1121_*

Guest_lynx1121_*
  • Guests

Posted 01 March 2012 - 06:00 AM

i was going by your comment on the first post. i read it wrong hahaha

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Do you Remember, Pilzdorf, OMSI, Classic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users