OZx Flying Club 24/02/2012

30 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Hi Guys,

Due to last night being so much fun and getting the creative juices flowing. I thought this time we could all have a say in what we do for next weeks OZx Club Flight.

Here is the idea: Either in Australia or New Zealand South Island.

1: Post your concept for a club flight. Incuding all relevent information such as type of event (see below) weather, wind/direction, time off day, Origin, destination and route. Give a good explanation of your idea.

2: On Wednesday the 22/02/2012 at 09:30 ZULU we all shall vote on which concept we shall do.

3: By Friday night I shall have all relevent information to host the event.

Keeping in mind our five types of Club Flights that TonyM has put togeather for us.

1. OZX EXPLORER... Our traditional flight where a startpoint and

route to a destination is planned and posted in the calendar.

2.OZX FLYIN... Where we select a specific field for circuits, display and/

or airshow type activity.

3. OZX RENDEZVOUS... . Here a destination field and arrival time(Z) is posted.

The host will initiate the session approx 60-90 mins BEFORE the arrival time. Pilots have free choice where and when they will start from, their route and

aircraft type.Posted weather conditions mean you may have to do a careful flight plan to arrive as close as possible to the assigned arrival time.

4. OZX NAVIGATOR...... where we fly a route similar to "OZX EXPLORER"

but attempt to navigate useing old methods of dead reckoning/speed/drift, fuel estimattion etc etc to find our destination(s)

5. OZX REGIONAL...Our newest, Using regional aircraft such as J41, Bae146(when released) for regional hops

preferably with ATC at both dep and arr airports

If your concept does not get chosen please do not worry.... We will eventually do all concepts.

I thought this would be a great idea for all to have a voice and put forward some great ideas for some club flights.

Cheers.

Tim......

Please note that the OZx Flying Club likes to keep to regions that are covered by Orbx-FTX and any Freeware product from both Orbx-FTX and OZx.

If you wish to use any Orbx-FTX product, it nice to see if everyone else from the club has that Orbx-FTX product too.

We all like to fully experience the flights together.

Edited by Timmy74

Posted

Any ideas chaps?

Posted

Since Tony is hot on the radios right now, how about a Fly In to Cunderdin for circuits.

Several different routes can be used to come from and we can finish with some radio practice.

Tony needs to get his next post done on approaching a non towered airport pronto.

Posted

Tim,

A repeat of an old favorite, first done about 3 years ago.

Jack will remember this one.

The scenario is this.

There is a big conference of indigeones, indiginis, indigious aboriginal elders on Palm Is

Delegates need to be brought to the island from far & wide.

This year nearly 120 people need to be moved, which will involve using Townsville as a hub

(with ATC) altho some may fly direct to the island.

But basically when folks arrive at YBTL by jet or regional services, we have to set up a shuttle

service out to palm, to get everyone there by end of session.

Its 30nm each way, so plenty of takeoffs and landings, good airmanship at Palm, to avoid conflict.

Some may do 3 or 4 round trips so plenty of ATC interaction.

More details, if you find this interesting.

With a mix of Jets, GA aircraft, controlled and uncontrolled airports and some good ATC,

this proved a winner in the past, so why not again with more planes and bigger numbers.

Cheers

TonyM.

ps for those that want it, I did a small scenery file to enhance the Palm Is default, which I can zip and attach here.

Due to runway under repair (displaced threshold) only a/c up to say C208 size can be used.

Posted

Cool Tony,

I'll be there in the Twotter

AJC

Posted

Since Tony is hot on the radios right now, how about a Fly In to Cunderdin for circuits.

Several different routes can be used to come from and we can finish with some radio practice.

Tony needs to get his next post done on approaching a non towered airport pronto.

This could be a natural progression

Posted

Hi Guys,

Sorry but I will not be able to attend let alone host this Friday.

I forgot about a wedding that is on.ohmy.png

Cheers.

Tim....

Posted

Dont use the Carenado C208 or C337 for this session as they are bad packet flooders.

Posted

Hi Guys ... long time no see.

I have finally got access to a "reasonable" wireless broadband signal out here in the bush and I now have FSX on a laptop.

So, in short, I don't have much going for me in the way of multi-player facilities.

However, I'll give it a try this Friday night ... and see what happens.

Steve

Posted

I'm voting for Tony's idea, sounds great!

Posted

Mind if I use the default Kingair?

Posted

ps for those that want it, I did a small scenery file to enhance the Palm Is default, which I can zip and attach here.

Due to runway under repair (displaced threshold) only a/c up to say C208 size can be used.

YPAM scenery--------------yes please

Posted

This may be the addon that Tony created and was talking about - Please correct me if I'm wrong :D

Posted

Clem,

That was one I did ages ago, I have a new version which I will try to pin to this post

when i get home at lunchtime today.

It is designed for my suggested scenario for a Friday club flight.

That means runway construction at the south end with a displaced threshold of about 500ft.

Oh yeah !! and a couple of big busses in the car park to transport delegates to wherever they delegate at.whistle.png

But remember, this is not OZX quality, just some amateur fiddling around with instant scenery !!

But so far no flight scheduled for tonight ???

Ah Ok I see now ,Timmy not able to host.

mmmmm....... I might try hosting a session but will have to limit it to 10 players.BangHead.gif

Anyone else ???

Cheers thumbsup.png

TonyM

ajm_YPAM_PLC.zip

Posted

All,

Further to the above, I will pin the file to the post about 0400Z today.

Jack, if you read this could you do a quick test to see if it works.

If I get time I will post a couple of screenies, so you can decide if its worth downloading .

There are just 2 files in the zip, and just move to add on scenery/scenery folder, or overwrite any

previous version.

Out of interest I have made a folder in my FSX, under add on scenery called Events, where I put all these special

event packages, so I can easily add or remove stuff when finished with it.

Cheers

TonyM

Posted

Since we wont be able to host as many players, would we like to save this currently planned flight for next week when we can have more players?

May I recommend a bush flight in New Zealand tonight (man I am persistent to fly in NZ :D), I will plan one up for us shortly if thats what we want to do?

Cheers

Posted

I tested it and it is OK, there is a tree in the apron if you have AG at Very Dense or more , otherwise OK, the truck and the obstruction on 32 is OK, the Busses are OK.

regards Jorge

Posted

Just beware landing there at night, the locals have been known to release horses onto the runway

All,

Further to the above, I will pin the file to the post about 0400Z today.

Jack, if you read this could you do a quick test to see if it works.

If I get time I will post a couple of screenies, so you can decide if its worth downloading .

There are just 2 files in the zip, and just move to add on scenery/scenery folder, or overwrite any

previous version.

Out of interest I have made a folder in my FSX, under add on scenery called Events, where I put all these special

event packages, so I can easily add or remove stuff when finished with it.

Cheers

TonyM

Posted

Brodie,

Flight for tonight already posted, sorry....its a test run for what could be a huge one

next week, besides I need to see if my scenery pack works.

Shame you can't host, you seem keen ,pity you cannot set up some sessions

just for NZ flyers.

Cheers

TonyM

Posted

Jorge,.

Many thank for testing. I should mention that all my

attempts at scenery are done with autogen set at "normal"

You alll know why BangHead.gifBangHead.gif

Cheers

TonyM

Posted (edited)

Not a problem smile.png

+ I asked before but no one replyed sad.png Is the default Kingair aloud? Or is it too big nevermind :D

Edited by Hydrah

Posted (edited)

So the Palm Island flight is settled then?

Sorry guys, can't make it tonight :(

Edited by FTXflyer

Posted

Hamilton Island - Brisbane INTL

Piper Seneca

Posted

Who's the vandal who uses the runway for a rubbish dump?

Looks good and works well Tony.

What's going on over there. And where are the buses going?

Jack

Posted

Jack,

its not rubbish, its aggregate and the buses are for the 120 delegates

we gonna fly in next week(maybe)

A repeat of the classic club flight wot we done in the past and

i'm sure you remember.

Cheers thumbsup.png

TonyM