aussiecop

Request your paints here

482 posts in this topic

Guys I'd like to request a repaint for the Cessna 206 VH-AZG.

The aircraft is ex-survey and then made a new home in Shark Bay for several years flying scenics and charters. Unsure what it is doing now.

dhi042tg2.jpg

Appreciated.

I'd be happy to punch that one out for you. Also, could you send me any YSHK photos you have? I've been making up customs signs for the airfield, so any pics you have would come in REALLY handy, as I only have a few shots from a single flight there last year. Cheers, Steve.

Hey fellas.

Thought this would be the best place to come for a request.

I was hoping someone might be able to do a repaint of the 'Team FS KBT' P-3C Orion and Dino Cattaneo's T-45C Goshawk in contemporary RAAF liveries. I'm trying to get some appropriate ADF aircraft in the sim for the Orbx display at Avalon 2009. Seeing as it's a military air show and there'll be loads of military personnel checking out the FTX product, it seemed a good idea to represent, as best as possible, the current ADF inventory of fixed wing and helicopter aircraft. If we can have them in the appropriate liveries, they’ll really look the part.

I downloaded the FTX compatible P-3C here:

http://www.simviation.com/simviation/stati...D=64&page=3

The simplest approach would be an edit of the US navy variant, seeing as it's a uniform light grey. A good reference for the RAAF P-3C is available on AVSIM http://www.avsim.com/ It’s for the Mike Stone model The file name is: p3_au_nc.zip

The T-45C Goshawk can also be found at AVSIM. The file name is: t45cfsxc.zip Check this out anyway. It’s a magnificent model. Should be payware!

The air show starts on March 10, so there’s bit of time to go. If anyone could volunteer to help out, it’d really be appreciated.

Cheers,

Matthew.

Hey fellas.

Thought this would be the best place to come for a request.

I was hoping someone might be able to do a repaint of the 'Team FS KBT' P-3C Orion and Dino Cattaneo's T-45C Goshawk in contemporary RAAF liveries. I'm trying to get some appropriate ADF aircraft in the sim for the Orbx display at Avalon 2009. Seeing as it's a military air show and there'll be loads of military personnel checking out the FTX product, it seemed a good idea to represent, as best as possible, the current ADF inventory of fixed wing and helicopter aircraft. If we can have them in the appropriate liveries, they’ll really look the part.

I downloaded the FTX compatible P-3C here:

http://www.simviation.com/simviation/stati...D=64&page=3

The simplest approach would be an edit of the US navy variant, seeing as it's a uniform light grey. A good reference for the RAAF P-3C is available on AVSIM http://www.avsim.com/ It’s for the Mike Stone model The file name is: p3_au_nc.zip

The T-45C Goshawk can also be found at AVSIM. The file name is: t45cfsxc.zip Check this out anyway. It’s a magnificent model. Should be payware!

The air show starts on March 10, so there’s bit of time to go. If anyone could volunteer to help out, it’d really be appreciated.

Cheers,

Matthew.

rob finney has some dxt3 textures for the kbt's P3 in both 2 tone and grey they both will work in fsx, plus the kbt p3 has a fsx patch , that fills that one out,

you can find the textures at ausfltsim

Edited by jeansy

Ta Jeansy. I missed Finney's paints. Good stuff!

Matski,

Do they have to be RAAF repaints of the specific aircraft that you mentioned? What some of RAAF repaints available in the download sections of this forum? There are some fine master pieces by none other than Jeansy......

chrs....

Ta for the reply c172.

Yes, there's some great paints available here. I've checked them out. I'm indeed after paints for specific aircraft, as I want to have some decent models of ADF aircraft for people to fly. I'd like the interactive display to be as authentic as possible. So, at this stage it's only the Dino Cattaneo's T-45C Goshawk that needs a contemporary Oz skin. I'd have a go myself, but I'm flat stick preping for PNW.

Cheers,

Matthew.

Gday Guys,

Over the past few summers, the South Australian government has been cooperating with the Westpac surf life saving team and UniSA (University of South Australia) to patrol the Adelaide beaches for sharks. The patrol is conducted between 11am and 8pm on weekdays by UniSA, and on weekends by the surf lifesavers. For anyone who lives in Adelaide, it is quite possible you have seen this patrol if you spent any days at the beach in the last 12 weeks. The patrol is conducted by students and graduates of the UniSA aviation Academy, and is flown coastal at 500' in a C172N, usually VH-MCJ.

Anyway, enough background information. As a student at the academy, I'm currently taking part in this patrol, and it would be fantastic to have the repaint of MCJ for FSX. Would anyone be willing to whip this up for me for the Carenado 172N? It should be a simple one to do, as the paint scheme is quite similar to one of the default Carenado C172 paints.

Here is a pic of MCJ:

http://www.airliners.net/photo/Cessna-172N/1079509/L/

and here's a link to the UniSA logo:

http://www.unisa.edu.au/styleguide/logos/images/uls-blu.png

Unfortunately it can be a demanding job and I haven't been able to take any of my own photos. It also has a large VH-MCJ under the left wing.

Any help with this would be greatly appreciated. If you need more pictures please ask, I will be able to take them on my next shift.

Cheers, Shane

Not another repaint request?! :o

Would anybody be able to throw some Aussie paint on the Meyers 200D (Tim "Piglet" Conrad's great model) perhaps?

The blue/white or brown/white model is fine, just with a VH-??? on the side! (Maybe TPC for author?)

The paint kit is over at Sim Out-House (I have it too, I can email possibly?)

Yep no prob! :)

Would someone be willing and able to paint up the VH-SJP...

1355708.jpg

... for the Flight1 Mustang? That would be great, thanks.

I would do this in a heartbeat if the bloody thing wasnt so expensive! I cant afford the plane at the moment, but Frank (tennyson) over at the orbx forums has just started painting, maybe he would do it. I don't know anyone on the paint team has it.

Well get it, paint it and get a refund. Or you can paint it without buying since the paintkit can be had without the plane :lol:

No honestly, I appreciate you interest and hope that the Mustang will find more friends around here. She is well worth the price of admission. Maybe I should start to post some pics to push you over the edge :P

Edited by Private-Cowboy

I found a website, could be easy for those cessna 172n repaints.

www.jetphotos.net/archerfield.

The 3 repaints are;

VH-SPL

VH-MIX

VH-JGR

Note these two cessna 172n's are from flight training australia

The third Cessna 172n colours are red, gold & white. Looking at those three pictures

are located on page 2

I hope this might help you with some ideas for future repaints

I hope i can help in any way.

Regards

Greg B)

Edited by MrGiggles

Mustang is a fine AC. I like the drawer bar behind the cockpit. Wouldn't mind a fictional Royal Oz Volunteer Coast Guard Scheme for mine or a Tiger scheme with Oz rego.

Can somene explain for me the legals in repainting using someone else's real design? I would like a repaint done of a plane that is used commercially, and I was wondering if they would get their nose out of joint if the repaint was done without permission. Should I get permission? Would they even care? Given that the repaint was freeware, and the way in which the repaint was used was freeware, would they have a leg to stand on?

Just covering my arse should issues arise.

Divot

Simple answer - it never hurts to ask. (formally of course the answer is YES)

Whenever I repaint I do make efforts to get in touch with the owners. Apart from permission, you get the chance at interesting friendships and excellent detail information. The Buehns (Tami and Dennis) for instance, sent me many photos for their Texan fleet "Midnight Express", "Midnight Miss III" and "Midnight Rendezvous". Baboo airlines let me paint their Dash 8. Thomas Damm let me "do" his L4, Sam Blue his Extra 300, Steve Weaver was pleased with his Cessna 337 "The plane with the hat"... and so on.

Of course, sometimes some numty PR type responds who doesn't have a clue what you are asking about... I once asked Pirelli for permission to do the "Pirelli" paint on a German DO27. The Pirelli 'voice' simply answered "Oh, we don't market that tyre any more. So no you may not paint that." Sheeesh! As if the real world plane owner was going to repaint his plane too simply because Pirelli don't make that tyre any more...

http://www.digital-aviation.de/forum/viewt...f=43&t=3553

Just scroll down a bit...

But for the ones that do reply, the feel is so much better. Although I have lost one web-friend in the meantime - Chuck Lischer, who owned a Marchetti SF260 that I painted. Sadly he crashed and was killed a couple of years ago.

Who has a email address? I have a few pictures of those cessna 172n aircraft for you to have a look at to give you ideas for repaints.

If any one could reply back with a email address, or instructions how to send the pictures over to this site it will help you out.

Without me you can't go wrong

Regards

Greg :afro:

Anyone knows of a Tassie air freight company repaint?

I have looked around for such a company first, and Tasfast seems to use Cessna 208, which could make nice new clothes for the default FSX c208.

I'd love to fly some express good from Moorrabbin to Wynyard... Unfortunately I have no photos of Tasfast planes, just their web address http://www.tasfast.com.au/default.htm

Best regards

Marc

Yep! Sure :)

Anyone got a Wheel Beaver?

Was wondering if anyone was planning on doing an Australian Beaver (one with wheels - not the lad's magazine type!) I have the other fantastic repaints for the amphibians, but a tail-dragger would be nice!!

Well, after some followup, I have permission to do a repaint on the provision that the owner of the aircraft can have a copy for himself and his customers.

The aircraft is VH-OVM, and some source photos can be found here

http://www.airliners.net/search/photo.sear...inct_entry=true

http://jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?regsearch=VH-OVM

There is a chance that this ol' bird may be at the air show next weekend, so if there is more detail required, I can probably get it for you. I don't need the whole DX10 reflections and detail, but if it could be done as an option or a 2nd version, it would be greatly appreciated!

I am guessing that Finney or squeeker could do this, as they have done default DC-3s. Whoever takes it on, I would need permission/clearance to be able to use it in some freeware adventures/mission that I am doing based on real life charters that this plane does out of Essendon (http://www.shortstop.com.au/index.html). Please note: this is not a commercial venture - I am not selling the repaint or the mission, nor will the owners of the actual aircraft be allowed to sell any of the FSX content created.

Please PM me if you have any questions (just so we don't clutter the boards).