aussiecop

Request your paints here

480 posts in this topic

I thought I would start a request thread for everyone as I have seen a few requests pop up under the registration thread which is really for the repainters, so this way the non repaint inclined can have a place to request any paints they would like to see and if a repainter picks it up they can just add it to the repainters dibs post icon_e_smile.gif

I’ve just recently installed the Capt Sim C130 X-Perience Pro pack for FSX.

The external models are fantastic - BUT -

I’m hoping, now that all the RAAF’s Herks are in 37Sqn (the C130H’s were transferred from 36Sqn late in 2006), and I see about 5 schemes on the line as I drive past each day, that somebody will come up with some appropriate skins:

RAAF 37Sqn C130J-30 Light Grey

RAAF 37Sqn C130J-30 Dark/Medium Grey Upper, Light Grey Under

RAAF 37Sqn C130H Dark/Medium Grey Upper, Light Grey Under

RAAF 37Sqn C130H Medium Green

RAAF 37Sqn C130H Camouflage (predominately green).

There’s already an excellent Green 36Sqn C130H by Dave Sweetman - [email protected] - around; and an excellent Camo C130H by Phill Stokes - [email protected] -

There’re also what appear to be excellent light grey and dark grey C130J’s in RAAF Livery, but they appear (to this amateur anyway) not to have the -30 fuselage plugs, and since the only C130J’s the RAAF flies are -30’s, they’re not quite appropriate.

So if anyone’s got the time - or the inclination - there’s at least one wannabe Herk pilot out there who’d appreciate the work.

AND now there are 1 Dark Grey C130H and 1 Dark Grey C130J-30 each with 50th anniversary fin markings

A mate of mine Glenn (C171) has done a few awesome C130 paints, I will have a ferret around and see if I can find them for you.

Hey ryan

Great idea but

SZMZM42.jpg

Hehe

i'll keep an eye on this one icon_e_wink.gif

Cheers

steve

Thanks aussiecop.

I did have this request on another thread - and C171 (Glenn) wrote (about the C130H paints):

Mate, i was the one that did those repaints, as yes you are correct it is not on the correct model (c130-30). At the time that was the only decent J model going around, hence the paints. I'd be happy to provide paint shop pro files to any who decides too give this a bash, just PM me.

Cheers,

- Glenn.

ahhhh ok Wallaby, I could have a stab at it but I unfortunately dont have the model icon_e_sad.gif

Hey ryan

Great idea but

SZMZM42.jpg

Hehe

i'll keep an eye on this one icon_e_wink.gif

Cheers

steve

lol funny mate!

Would love to see some VH repaints for the Just Flight Flying Club R44 if anyone has time wink.gif

Thanks , Trevor

I have had one of thee heliwest R44's in the backburner for about 3 months, I will get back to it this week for you mate.

I have had one of thee heliwest R44's in the backburner for about 3 months, I will get back to it this week for you mate.

Thanks aussiecop

Does anyone want to do an Aerosoft Beaver repaint?

I used to be an aircraft mechanic at Shute Harbour Airport (YSHR) in the late 80s/early 90s, and this aircraft was one of the ones I used to service.

post-40-1229232962.jpg

The large one is here:

http://www.airliners.net/photo/Seair-Pacif...nada/0513520/L/

It got amphibious shortly after that photo was taken when wheels were added to the whipline float installation.

Anyone want to give it a crack. The photo is a bit over exposed, the tail is 2 colours, one a deep sky blue/dark cyan (not the pale RAF hue), and the lower is a bright light/medium green, the rest is black and white. Plenty of grease stains about where the struts and spars meet the fuselage and wings as we had to ladle them with lanolin and other gunk to keep the salt water out of the fittings. The exhaust stains and oil trail from the exhaust would be nice.

The top of the wings are white, the lower sides have the rego in large letters on the port wing, and Seair on the starboard wing.

As an aside, I worked on these as well:

Grumman G-73 Mallard (VH-LAW and VH-OAW)

post-40-1229233936.jpg

http://www.airliners.net/photo/Seair/Grumm...lard/1173202/L/

http://www.airliners.net/photo/Seair/Grumm...lard/1205172/L/

Lake LA-4 Buccaneer

post-40-1229233169.jpg

http://www.airliners.net/photo/Air-Whitsun...neer/1285112/L/

The Seair logo in the Mallard pics gives a better indication of the colours for the Beaver repaint, and later I actually got to chop tthe Lake Buccaneer up with a grinder and a 12in carborundum disk (or 2 or 3) so the pieces fitted in the back of a ute to be scrapped at the Proserpine scrap metal merchant. The Buccaneer was a scary beast.

cheers

Bungo

Great pics, Bungo. Had no idea you were a mechanic in the past.

Gotta love that backyard "Australia's Tourist Airline" lettering on the Beaver icon_e_smile.gif

The Mallard looks very interesting - a nephew of the Goose...? Do you know of an FSX model?

That Buccaneer looks like a wild one to fly on water!

The Widgeon, Goose, Mallard and Albatros were the family of seaplanes (in order of size). Many radial engined Mallards got a Tubine mod, but it reduced their range. That one went to Paspaley Pearling in WA and got turbo'd after I had my hands on it. Having worked on Beavers and Mallards, I'm a real fan of the radial engine. The sound of one (or preferably 2) is music to my ears. I like the fact that all of Australias Caribous are based out of Townsville now. It'll be a pitty when they re-engine them with Gas Turbines, something just won't be the same when they are doing touch and goes out of YBTL all day.

I don't know of a FS model for a Grumman G-73 Mallard. I've looked, but haven't found any. I wish there was one.

Our Chief engineer at the time said said of the Lake LA-4 Buccaneer, that it was designed for the boss to take his secretary up to the cabin at the lake for a dirty weekend and was built with the same level of ruggedness and quality (ie bare minimum). Here we were taking it 50nm offshore into the open ocean. Lake reps came out from the USA and said, effectively, pay no attention to our operators manual and write your own as we were operating it outside of the scope for which they wrote the manual.

cheers

Bungo

Another shot of the Mallard...

The Green and blue colours on the beaver are more evident from this shot of the Mallard.

Cheers

Bungo

post-40-1229432884.jpg

Plenty about. I don't know if Paspaley Pearls still operate them, but there are a few in Florida still getting about and you see them on telly every so often when there is a seaplane in the background. Most have been converted to PT6 Gas Turbine engines, which is a pitty.

cheers

Bungo

VH-RWQ C152 Aerobat

Anyone feel like painting this old grubby 152 in 4096 HD?

It's pretty weathered, and the interior is very shabby.

I've got stacks (over 150 shots) of reference pics, and can send you my layered.PSD files (interior and exterior) for my previous 152 paints if that would help..

Could be a job for the "Centre for Excellence" with its battered skin and sun damage making for interesting bumps and specs?

I'm a bit over painting careando 152s for the moment, so maybe someone else could have a bash.

1231520234.jpg

1231540932.jpg

Yummy coffee orange :)

If you get chance to throw the Ref pic's up on the FTP id love to take a look at them,& as i wont be hitting any repaints for the the new 172 for atleast month or so due to a self imposed "i will not buy any GA for FSX this month i will fly what i have" limit

not sure if its a good idea for a multi person project though,due to the amount of files the repaint is spread over,its quriks & add to that the spec/normal/night var's for each one and it would be a nightmare to keep track of just the files

hehe

Cheers

steve

Yummy coffee orange :)

yeah, the colour is an acquired taste. The aeroplane goes like a rocket though..

I haven't put the pics to the FTP, you can view them here at http://s294.photobucket.com/albums/mm104/squeeker55/VH-RWQ

actually, i've got lots of other source photos on the photobucket page, that is one level up from the above url. see here: http://s294.photobucket.com/albums/mm104/squeeker55/

The pics are limited in filesize to 1mb, but if there are particular shots you need in better detail, just send me the image number from the photobucket page and i'll email/ftp the full sized image (they are all around 3.5mb each)

I'd be stoked if you could find time to give this one a bash. It would really suit your bump talents with the old wavy skin.

Also cockpit wise, it has a black and fake walnut dash. Really a trip back to the seventies in there.

I can get as many photos as required, so let me know if further detail is required..

Anyway, no pressure mate, see what you think..

Cheers, Steve.

@ Wes, Sorry mate I just saw this, I will give it a wack after my current project. @ Squeeker Mate we want you to join in on the next one, I have to agree with Giz about having 3 texture sheets and several painters. I think just by chance we got it right the first time, I think each person doing 1 or 2 paints each once we pimp out a model works really well.

Cheers

[

Attention all painters out there, i wish to announce the new Carenado Cessna 172n has now been realeased on 9/1/09

Check the Carenado web site to confirm

Greg B)

I would like request a few new repaints for carenado cessna 172 n,

VH-JGR

VH-KZG

VH-MDX

VH-IHX

If you can't get the templates of those,

here are some from the flight training australia

VH-CHZ

VH-JNY

VH-MIX

VH-SPL

Regards

Greg B)

Guys I'd like to request a repaint for the Cessna 206 VH-AZG.

The aircraft is ex-survey and then made a new home in Shark Bay for several years flying scenics and charters. Unsure what it is doing now.

dhi042tg2.jpg

w1280.png

faure001ty7.jpg

w1280.png

Appreciated.