• Please log in to reply
207 replies to this topic

#41 gneb

gneb
  • Registered
  • 2,429 posts
  • Interests:...

Posted 10 January 2012 - 07:27 AM

I think my social life is going to die... Oh well, it worth it !!! ROFL ! ;)

#42 juls2008

juls2008
  • Registered
  • 23 posts

Posted 10 January 2012 - 07:29 AM

Hello! I have now only 2 hotfix in download...

Where can I download the map?

#43 Lockheart

Lockheart
  • Topic Starter
  • OMSI Staff
  • 2,234 posts
  • Interests:Trains, Buses, Subways, Tunnels, Model Trains, City building, Art, 3d Design, Mass Transit.

Posted 10 January 2012 - 07:34 AM

Hello! I have now only 2 hotfix in download...

Where can I download the map?

Its coming, its currently being reuploaded. Longyear will likely announce when the map is available for download again.

----------------------

Red Text: If you see my posts in this manner, I am speaking as a staff member or on behalf of the staff team.

Black Text: Words in normal black are me as a average member of the board.

#44 DavidR.

DavidR.
  • Registered
  • 10,235 posts

Posted 10 January 2012 - 07:58 AM

The FULL map (including hotfixes) is now available in the DOWNLOAD CENTRE again.

http://aussiex.org/f...2227-willshire/

Thanks.

#45 Mr Drive

Mr Drive
  • OMSI Staff
  • 4,867 posts
  • Interests:Omsi, Jazzmusic, Nice Girls, Cats, Buses, Trams, Trains, Food, Wine tasting, Whiskey, Recording and mixing, Star Trek (all series) and the meaning of life!

Posted 10 January 2012 - 08:18 AM

I think my social life is going to die... Oh well, it worth it !!! ROFL ! Posted Image

Can't remember having a social life since february 2011....

#46 Lockheart

Lockheart
  • Topic Starter
  • OMSI Staff
  • 2,234 posts
  • Interests:Trains, Buses, Subways, Tunnels, Model Trains, City building, Art, 3d Design, Mass Transit.

Posted 10 January 2012 - 08:35 AM

Can't remember having a social life since february 2011....

Haha, I'm with you on that Drive.

I'm hoping this sudden silence is a very good sign in that everyone is off enjoying Willshire, and its not some calming before the storm.

----------------------

Red Text: If you see my posts in this manner, I am speaking as a staff member or on behalf of the staff team.

#47 londonmale2011

londonmale2011
  • Registered
  • 1,962 posts
  • Interests:driving omsi buses, train sim 2013, grand theft auto, watching you tube videos of bus routes and trains

Posted 10 January 2012 - 08:38 AM

i pratically play OMSI all day everyday apart from when going out and playing on the ps3 lol

nice to see ya back david. hope all is well.

mike

mikey

#48 Thiago

Thiago
  • OMSI Staff
  • 4,350 posts

Posted 10 January 2012 - 09:17 AM

I made a fresh OMSI reinstall to test this package and again it is working flawlessly.
I'm currently roaming around the city and loving the scenery. Awesome skyscrapers!

Edited by Thiago, 10 January 2012 - 09:25 AM.

OZx OMSI Wiki | Forum Rules

Temporarily out from OMSI development.

supporter_banner1.png

#49 Lockheart

Lockheart
  • Topic Starter
  • OMSI Staff
  • 2,234 posts

Posted 10 January 2012 - 09:21 AM

I made a fresh OMSI reinstall to test this package and again it is working flawlessly.
I'm currently roaming around the city and loving the scenery. Awesome skycrapers!

Glad to hear everythings working out, look forward to hearing what you think of the routes themselves.

----------------------

#50 londonmale2011

londonmale2011
  • Registered
  • 1,962 posts
  • Interests:driving omsi buses, train sim 2013, grand theft auto, watching you tube videos of bus routes and trains

Posted 10 January 2012 - 07:07 PM

map is excellent on route 13 at the mo and think it's a excellent route think all the other routes will be just as good :-)

mike

mikey

#51 Mr Drive

Mr Drive
  • OMSI Staff
  • 4,867 posts
  • Interests:Omsi, Jazzmusic, Nice Girls, Cats, Buses, Trams, Trains, Food, Wine tasting, Whiskey, Recording and mixing, Star Trek (all series) and the meaning of life!

Posted 10 January 2012 - 07:45 PM

Haha, I'm with you on that Drive.

I'm hoping this sudden silence is a very good sign in that everyone is off enjoying Willshire, and its not some calming before the storm.

I think everything is in place now. Be glad you didn't release on the official forum.... They can really give you a hard time there.

For me it was working right away but that's maybe because i'm making maps and collect every piece of scenery and spline that's out there!

#52 ricky30

ricky30
  • Registered
  • 261 posts
  • Interests:Buses, trains and railway operations.

Custom rollband designer

Posted 10 January 2012 - 09:43 PM

Fantastic map. Done a bit of driving around and found some interesting little places. I have researched what you have done and was wondering if you needed rollbands done? I have a list of terminal points that can be made and I would like to put myself forward to do these. This map is top of my list of greats which also include Christian's New Berlin and David R's Newcastle. Great work by all involved.

Edited by ricky30, 10 January 2012 - 09:53 PM.

3555301653.png

#53 Lockheart

Lockheart
  • Topic Starter
  • OMSI Staff
  • 2,234 posts

Posted 11 January 2012 - 12:46 AM

map is excellent on route 13 at the mo and think it's a excellent route think all the other routes will be just as good :-)

mike

Route 13 is my personal favorite at the moment too, not sure why, might be that is just at the right length for a quick run without feeling to short.

I think everything is in place now. Be glad you didn't release on the official forum.... They can really give you a hard time there.

For me it was working right away but that's maybe because i'm making maps and collect every piece of scenery and spline that's out there!

Its what I've been thinking, most likely are map makers around here are going to have the easiest time with this map and any other map released, its those that play the game more then build that'll have the issues.

Fantastic map. Done a bit of driving around and found some interesting little places. I have researched what you have done and was wondering if you needed rollbands done? I have a list of terminal points that can be made and I would like to put myself forward to do these. This map is top of my list of greats which also include Christian's New Berlin and David R's Newcastle. Great work by all involved.

Thanks for the nice comments. I have thought about rollbands but since the map was designed without buses that supported them in mind I didn't consider them. However since release a few people have stated that they are using the MAN buses, so if you have free time and would like to release some, or if someone else wants to, by all means, I'm sure there will be plenty who would be happy to use them. On top of that one of the new buses that match the quality of the MAN buses appears to support rollbands too. Perhaps we could hit two birds with one stone on this?

----------------------

#54 Doctorwholawrence

Doctorwholawrence
  • Registered
  • 39 posts

Posted 11 January 2012 - 01:27 AM

I can't seem to get any timetables working and no passengers at stops! Any suggestions?

Thanks
Posted Image

#55 Lockheart

Lockheart
  • Topic Starter
  • OMSI Staff
  • 2,234 posts

Posted 11 January 2012 - 01:37 AM

I can't seem to get any timetables working and no passengers at stops! Any suggestions?

Thanks

A few options to try here then, first and foremost: Check the Willshire map folder's TTData make sure there are files in there.
Next check the time and date you are playing on, most routes run until midnight at this time, no night routes offers.

As for the passengers, its possible any routes you do get running just aren't busy yet, some routes are set up to be really busy, 27, 42 while others less, 13, 32.

----------------------

#56 ricky30

ricky30
  • Registered
  • 261 posts
  • Interests:Buses, trains and railway operations.

Custom rollband designer

Posted 11 January 2012 - 01:47 AM

Thanks for the nice comments. I have thought about rollbands but since the map was designed without buses that supported them in mind I didn't consider them. However since release a few people have stated that they are using the MAN buses, so if you have free time and would like to release some, or if someone else wants to, by all means, I'm sure there will be plenty who would be happy to use them. On top of that one of the new buses that match the quality of the MAN buses appears to support rollbands too. Perhaps we could hit two birds with one stone on this?

I have made some that can be used with the route. I will PM you a set for you to try out.

3555301653.png

#57 DavidR.

DavidR.
  • Registered
  • 10,235 posts

Posted 11 January 2012 - 01:50 AM

Thanks

Sounds like you're missing the timetable files.

Check this location: OMSI / Maps / Wilshire / TTData

...are there any files in there?

[EDIT: Posted at same time as Lockheart's reply of the same nature :thumbsup:]

#58 zige

zige
  • Registered
  • 316 posts

Posted 11 January 2012 - 04:57 AM

This is really fantastic map! It's lag some part of map and some part of map is very smooth.. Weird? but really great work! And underground terminal on line 27! Wow really amazing! My favorite is 22 and 27, mut i havent test all of the lines. Lines E1, 57 and 32 are not tested yet.
Check my pictures from Helsinki area public transport: http://railpictures.1g.fi/kuvat
See also my videos of public transport: http://www.youtube.com/trainvideos

#59 Lockheart

Lockheart
  • Topic Starter
  • OMSI Staff
  • 2,234 posts

Posted 11 January 2012 - 05:01 AM

This is really fantastic map! It's lag some part of map and some part of map is very smooth.. Weird? but really great work! And underground terminal on line 27! Wow really amazing! My favorite is 22 and 27, mut i havent test all of the lines. Lines E1, 57 and 32 are not tested yet.

The areas around County General Hospital and Bayfield Market are laggy, Not really sure why but I think the tiles are sorta locked into lag or something, other parts can lag due to a lot of objects in the area at a time. But You'll likely notice outside of Willshire seems smoother, such the 13, the 22, and the 27 past Westdale.

I'm glad you like it!

----------------------

#60 zige

zige
  • Registered
  • 316 posts

Posted 11 January 2012 - 05:11 AM

The areas around County General Hospital and Bayfield Market are laggy, Not really sure why but I think the tiles are sorta locked into lag or something, other parts can lag due to a lot of objects in the area at a time. But You'll likely notice outside of Willshire seems smoother, such the 13, the 22, and the 27 past Westdale.

I'm glad you like it!

Okay. Yeah those areas i run about 8-9fps... Other areas is likely 11-16fps. But this is fantastic. This map and Freeman's Canterbury is map which i play a most! :) But when E1 operates?
Check my pictures from Helsinki area public transport: http://railpictures.1g.fi/kuvat
See also my videos of public transport: http://www.youtube.com/trainvideos

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users