157 posts in this topic

Posted

index.php?app=downloads&module=display&section=screenshot&id=2124

File Name: Canterbury Basic

File Submitter: Freeman1001

File Submitted: 04 Dec 2011

File Updated: 19 Oct 2012

File Category: OMSI Maps

Welcome to the Historic City of Canterbury.

You will fall in love with our breathtaking heritage and culture. After all, Canterbury is simply inspirational.

This map is created with a high level of detail to realistically represent Canterbury as it is in real life.

- Features -

- 85 Custom made objects to realistically represent Canterbury as it stands in real life including Mcdonalds, KFC, Dominos pizza and LIDL.

- Stunning night time visuals.

- New style of bus terminus that requires buses to reverse out of the parking bay (not AI compatable)

- Realistic traffic build up in peak times such as on the roundabouts.

- A nice little Temporary bus depot so you can start and end your day there. The temporary depot is fictional.

Hope you have fun with this free map. .

Release Video:

Many Thanks

Freeman1001 aka MrToM3MaN

Posted

Hurray! Finally Canterbury is released! I've been looking forward to this since your first video, amazing work.

Posted

What other mods does this map need. When i try and load it it gives alist of some and the roads are all white. any help?

Posted

Looking fantastic. I will try first this free version and if it's work perfect on my laptop then i will download donate version.

But this free version download speed is really really slow... Can moderator explain why?

Posted

a number of mods should be in your omsi folder

including:

Ojects_SN

http://download.omsi.cz/Zaun_Pack.zip

Simplestreets

http://omnibussimula...-in-entwicklung

Nemulous objeckte

http://omnibussimula...update-02062011

and the buildings folder - I cant find a download - ANYONE CAN HELP ME - its the folder that includes the Hotel from Davids map

EDIT: These are what you are looking for Freeman (Flippy) smile.png

Freeman1001

Posted

I have downloaded these mods what you say but still some objects are missing :( Can you help me?

Posted

PM me or Freeman with the objects which OMSI is saying are missing :)

Posted

Pm sent to you! :)

Posted

Hi, is it ok if I include the canterbury objects into my freeware map? :)

Posted

Hi, is it ok if I include the canterbury objects into my freeware map? smile.png

as been stated think your only allowed if u got the full version but it better to ask rather then just doing it

Posted

as been stated think your only allowed if u got the full version but it better to ask rather then just doing it

Maps like Bowdenham use Canterbury Custom objects, and Bowdenham's free for download.

Posted

Maps like Bowdenham use Canterbury Custom objects, and Bowdenham's free for download.

think dazza has the full version of canterbury and that would be why there in the map. i might be wrong but if i was u i'd ask before using em just in case.

Posted

The ones from the Freeware basic version (I believe) are free to use (and possibly distribute) but the Donors objects are not distributable with a map, you have to have the donors to get the objects if they are used in a map.

Posted

think dazza has the full version of canterbury and that would be why there in the map. i might be wrong but if i was u i'd ask before using em just in case.

Yep - but remember anyone who downloads Bowdenham will get the full version of canterbury custom objects.

Posted

Yep - but remember anyone who downloads Bowdenham will get the full version of canterbury custom objects.

i know. but think but not sure but it could be ur allowed to use the the objects on ur map if it gonna be private map, to be honest im not sure now what was said, but am sure freeman or someone will know abit more.

Posted

No trust me, Freeman and I talked a lot about this when he was releasing Canterbury, and I helped him decide his policy.... wink.png

Theres no such thing as objects being 'leaked' - as I know, anything can get out there once it's in the public domain.

Canterbury Objects Pro

1. Anyone can make a map that references someone elses objects, but does not distribute them. Users must of course then have the objects installed themselves.

2. For Canterbury; if you have bought Canterbury Donors, you can use the objects, and include them with your map. But the users who then get your map obviously are subject to this policy too. (So they cannot distribute witout having bought Canterbury Donors themselves.

3. Having only "Canterbury Basic" does not entitle you to distribute any Canterbury Objects.

.....but to repeat point (1) again, this doe not stop anyone making and releasing a map that includes Canterbury objects, they just cannot distribute them .... so users would need to own Canterbury.

It really is that straightforward - I don't know why so many people are getting confused ...........

And Freeman has a lot on away from this forum right now (hence why he's not currently in attendance) so please don't PM him unnecessarily.

Thanks.

Posted

I looked at the Bowdenham download and found the "Buildings_Freeman" scenery objects included. Not sure if this is an exception...

If Freeman1001 can let me know, it would be much appreciated :)

Posted

You already have the answer.

2. For Canterbury; if you have bought Canterbury Donors, you can use the objects, and include them with your map. But the users who then get your map obviously are subject to this policy too. (So they cannot distribute witout having bought Canterbury Donors themselves.

Posted

Sorry, my English is bad and I don't understand. So the creator (say creator of Bowdenham) has bought the Canterbury Donors. So when he makes his own map (which is Bowdenham), he can include the Canterbury Donors objects in the map thus upload them? Then the downloaders (who never bought Canterbury Donors) also have the Donors objects?

Posted (edited)

Yes you will have them, BUT cannot release a map that includes any Canterbury Donors of the objects in the download- unless you own Canterbury Donors.

Edited by michael1984

Posted

Alright, thanks a ton to everybody who helped me here. I will have to kindly request other people to make McDonalds, KFC etc!

Posted

Is it not an option for you to pay GBP 4 for the Donors version? - it's an awesome map and worth 10 times the tiny price. As well as the fantastic map, you get the licence to use the objects in your own freeware maps. Save up pocket money? laugh.png

If it's not, it's not - no-ones pushing you to part with money; just recommending Canterbury Donors as one of the best 4 quid I ever spent. (and that's just as a map - I haven't even used any objects in maps yet).

Posted (edited)

Is it not an option for you to pay GBP 4 for the Donors version - it's an awesome map and worth 10 times the tiny price. As well as the fantastic map, you get the licence to use the objects in your own freeware maps. Save up pocket money? laugh.png

I'm too young to get Paypal... even though I have a bank account full of money I never use... but I don't know the password - my mum manages it!

That means I have to wait till I'm older to get one.... :(

Edited by Jeffrey Lo

Posted

No probs I understand.

In that case, you cannot distribute the Canterbury objects with your map. You could still put them in the map, but cannot then include them with the download. Instead you would have to advise that users of your map, must also own Canterbury Donors.

PS.... I use a lovely freeware KFC model in my Daytonford map, that is from one of the freeware Polish maps. Take the Route 5 up to the junction of Detroit St and Lincoln Ave and you'll see it. wink.png

Posted

No probs I understand.

In that case, you cannot distribute the Canterbury objects with your map. You could still put them in the map, but cannot then include them with the download. Instead you would have to advise that users of your map, must also own Canterbury Donors.

PS.... I use a lovely freeware KFC model in my Daytonford map, that is from one of the freeware Polish maps. Take the Route 5 up to the junction of Detroit St and Lincoln Ave and you'll see it. wink.png

Yep - or I might have make one myself (or somebody else). :)

Gonna check out the KFC in Daytonford! Never noticed it haha.. I must have been speeding!!