Photo
- - - - -

OMSI Maps :: Scunthorpe Modern v2.00 (RELEASED!)

• Please log in to reply
350 replies to this topic

#1 mrmoose

mrmoose
  • Registered
  • 211 posts

Posted 25 November 2011 - 04:55 AM

Posted Image

File Name: Scunthorpe Modern
File Submitter: mrmoose
File Submitted: 24 Nov 2011
File Category: OMSI Maps

Welcome to Scunthorpe...

Scunthorpe is an industrial steelworking town, located in northern England, United Kingdom. It is a town with a population of around 75000, formed initially of five villages, Scunthorpe, Brumby, Ashby, Froddingham and Crosby, and the small town of Bottesford, which has gradually merged into the town over the years.

Public transport in Scunthorpe exists in the form of a local network of town bus routes, named the Scunthorpe Shuttle. It is a joint network, operated by the national bus company, Stagecoach, who have a depot in the town, and Hornsby Travel, a local firm who have provided bus services in Scunthorpe since the days of horse & cart.

The focus of the town's bus network is the Town Centre, with its bus station and large shopping areas, it is where most passengers want to go. Secondary to this, Ashby has a large shopping area, and popular market, which can be reached from most areas of the town by bus. In 2005, it was stated that around 80% of journeys made by bus in the town where either to or from the Town Centre, or Ashby. There are large industrial areas located around the town, including a steelworks employing several thousand people, however, these areas are not served by public transport and the car is king here, but buses are still well used for leisure and shopping trips.

Development work on the Scunthorpe map for OMSI started in summer 2011, and Scunthorpe V1 was released in August 2011, with routes 4 (which was fictional), and 6. V2 followed soon after, and finally v3, which created the full town, was released in December 2011. In January 2012, work started on a full re-build of the Scunthorpe map. Map making standards had moved on considerably, and a host of new objects were appearing all the time. In April, changes were also made to the bus network in Scunthorpe, which are also reflected in this new map. The map has been re-branded Scunthorpe Modern, as in time, the map will be updated alongside the real bus network.

The map includes the following bus services:

6 - Scunthorpe > Ashby
9 - Scunthorpe > Hospital
10 - Scunthorpe > Lakeside > Ashby > Westcliff > Scunthorpe
10A- Scunthorpe > Westcliff > Ashby > Lakeside > Scunthorpe
11 - Scunthorpe > Ashby > Yaddlethorpe
12 - Scunthorpe > Old Brumby > Ashby > ASDA
16 - Scunthorpe > Parklands > Ashby
22 - Scunthorpe > Ashby > Timberland > Lakeside
31 - Scunthorpe > Westcliff > Riddings > Froddingham > Scunthorpe
32 - Scunthorpe > Froddingham > Riddings > Westcliff > Scunthorpe
31A- Scunthorpe > Westcliff > Bottesford > Froddingham > Scunthorpe
32A- Scunthorpe > Froddingham > Bottesford > Westcliff > Scunthorpe
33 - Scunthorpe > Westcliff > Bottesford > Ashby > Scunthorpe
34 - Scunthorpe > Ashby > Bottesford > Westcliff > Scunthorpe
35 - Scunthorpe > Tesco > Keadby > Amcotts
37 - Scunthorpe > Tesco > Skippingdale Retail Park
38 - Scunthorpe > Hospital > Crosby

The map includes its own ticket pack, with English voices for both male and female passengers, Fully detailed route map, timetables, vehicle running cards, plus realistic passenger flows, its own AI buses pack, and much more to discover.

Please ensure you read the 'read-me' document with the download for full installation instructions, and more information about the map, and some of the features.

You will also need to download the AI vehicle pack from here. AI Traffic uses a mixture of D92s and NL202s
http://aussiex.org/f...n-repaint-pack/

There is also a second (Optional) download containing a 'light' AI list - limiting the AI buses to D92s only, which improves frame rates on the map.

I hope you enjoy...

Mr Moose

Credits & Acknowledgements
3DTransport Studio (Bus Station shelter objects)
Chrisrose1993 (UK House objects, depot signage & Speed hump)
Creator of the Denton hotel and Detached house objects (Author unknown)
Freeman1001 (Excellent Canterbury objects, too many to list)
Ingoldstat objects (wall object)
Objects by SN (Wall & Fence objects)
Richeaze & Mo (British female voices pack)
Simple streets (Most roads in the map)
TonyA (field objects and farm buildings, plus factory objects)
Tline (UK road objects)
XxJord6nxX (Scunthorpe repaints - downloaded seperatly)
Vbusblog (Speedbump)
Flippy (Scunthorpe Modern Menu Image)
If I have used anything of yours and not credited you - its a pure oversight on my part, I apologise - Please send a pm to let me know, and I will amend this list.

Also Thank You to anybody who has helped test the map, to make sure its as bug free as possible, and anybody else who has supported the map in any way.

Click here to download this file

Posted Image

PMs accepted - I will aim to respond within 24 hours

#2 DavidR.

DavidR.
  • Registered
  • 10,235 posts

Posted 11 August 2012 - 02:34 AM

Scunthorpe Modern has been released and is now available in the Download Centre!

http://aussiex.org/f...nthorpe-modern/

:)

#3 xdanflyerx

xdanflyerx
  • Registered
  • 3,697 posts

Posted 11 August 2012 - 03:11 AM

Can't believe I never played this map before - it's awesome!

I'm only going to be here roaming the forum, offering help if required. I will not be producing any content for the next few months so please refrain from PM'ing me.

#4 DavidR.

DavidR.
  • Registered
  • 10,235 posts

Posted 11 August 2012 - 03:19 AM

Not driven any routes yet, but the new Bus Station is looking fantastic Mr Moose! .......... Can't wait to get some miles done in Sunny Scunny! B)

#5 RascarDK

RascarDK
  • Banned
  • 637 posts
  • Interests:Buses and bus driving, simulation games, emergency vehicles

Posted 11 August 2012 - 03:37 AM

Downloading and starting a run right away! Posted Image

Edited by RascarDK, 11 August 2012 - 03:37 AM.

OMSI colleague Posted Image

#6 Leemers

Leemers
  • Registered
  • 1,296 posts

Posted 11 August 2012 - 03:38 AM

Thanks Mr Moose awesome map! been looking forward for this update since it was announced! :)

My Volunteer Railway: http://woodhornnarro....com/index.html

Virtual Hire My Drivers - Home

fspec_12.png

PM's accepted for help needed.

#7 JayKae

JayKae
  • Admin
  • 6,768 posts

Posted 11 August 2012 - 06:01 AM

Sweet stuff mate, I will see if I have some time this weekend :)

Posted Image

Like Our Site?give us kudos to make our day!

Lian-Li PC PC-P80R, Intel Core i7 980X (OC44), GA-X58A-UD9, G.Skill 12GB Trident DDR3 RAM, 4 x ATI Radeon HD5970 2GB GDDR5 (xfire), 4 x G.Skill PHOENIX SSD - 240GB, Thermaltake Tough Power 1500W, Corsair Cooling Hydro H50, Zalman CNPS10X, Antec TriCool 120mm Fan, NZXT Sentry 2.5" TSDFC 

... and where is the Batman ?

#8 londonmale2011

londonmale2011
  • Registered
  • 1,963 posts
  • Interests:driving omsi buses, train sim 2013, grand theft auto, watching you tube videos of bus routes and trains

Posted 11 August 2012 - 06:45 AM

excellent map loved the old1 and this 1 even better

mikey

#9 Leemers

Leemers
  • Registered
  • 1,296 posts

Posted 11 August 2012 - 06:51 AM

A few items after a quick scan of the map:

1. Wonderful Scenery detail

2. I personally am getting amazing FPS (25+) all over the map using the NL202.

3. There are a few errors on the IBIS system. This does not affect the running of the map.*

4. It does get used to setting up the IBIS System, my advice is use the 'Linienlisten' in the cab, V.Helpful.

* (I have noticed that the HOF File shows stops not served by the 31A (Oswald Road and the Railway Station). Also the 'queen bess' stop and one other stop that I can't remember is missed out in the HOF File)

My Volunteer Railway: http://woodhornnarro....com/index.html

Virtual Hire My Drivers - Home

fspec_12.png

PM's accepted for help needed.

#10 DavidR.

DavidR.
  • Registered
  • 10,235 posts

Posted 11 August 2012 - 07:23 AM

Yes, I've driven a few routes now and great map. The only thing I'd like to see, is Bus Entry Points other than just for the depots and the layover bay of the bus station. Also, I've found that in the NL202 and D92, when leaving Bay 'B' you can't actually get around the subsequent bend without reversing a bit. But maybe that's more to do with the NL202 and D92 being longer than the actual buses that would be running in the station. Posted Image

....... but fab map. I don't drive many maps as I live in the Editor, but I will be driving this one a lot. Posted Image

#11 xdanflyerx

xdanflyerx
  • Registered
  • 3,697 posts

Posted 11 August 2012 - 07:42 AM

You just have to swing out to the right first and then use full left lock there is just enough room

I'm only going to be here roaming the forum, offering help if required. I will not be producing any content for the next few months so please refrain from PM'ing me.

#12 Guest_lynx1121_*

Guest_lynx1121_*
  • Guests

Posted 11 August 2012 - 08:17 AM

Downloading now, and from what i have seen on the WIP topic, this will be another amazing map to drive on

#13 mrmoose

mrmoose
  • Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 211 posts

Posted 11 August 2012 - 08:58 AM

Thank you all for the comments, Since the first version was uploaded here in late 2011, the map (today), has passed 10,000 total downloads, which is something beyond what I ever thought would be possible. In response to a few things raised...

@Leemers - Im glad you are getting a high fps - I have always tried to keep the scenery as simple as possible for this reason, as the last version was quite resource heavy. Although I can only dream of 20fps myself in most areas of the map.

@Longyear - There is a certain 'knack' to driving in the Bus Station, which you will pick up. The tightest turns are from the parking bays into Stands A & B, and leaving A & B to exit. Generally, turning slightly the opposite way, to swing out, then applying full lock will get you around.

The missing stops in the IBIS system will be added in a mini update. The IBIS code list in the cab misses off the 16 route too, but the follow the same pattern as all the other routes on the map, line 01600, route 01 for outbound, 02 for inbound. I will also add some extra bus entry points at some of the termini, following requests - although many routes start and terminate again at the Bus Station, They can be added for the 12, 22, and 37 as these terminate at other locations - If there is anywhere else anybody thinks an entry point is needed, or spots any other issues let me know - I have started a list.

Edited by mrmoose, 11 August 2012 - 09:15 AM.

Posted Image

PMs accepted - I will aim to respond within 24 hours

#14 northern156

northern156
  • Registered
  • 289 posts

Posted 11 August 2012 - 04:23 PM

Mrmoose
I downloaded Scunthorpe Modern yesterday evening and I had a quick driver familiarisation run in a D92 on the 31A, and wow! Absolutely superb work. With Scunthorpe 2011, I always had the 'white-out' bug but last night, nothing. It's such an awesome route, I love to have routes like this where you can 'chop and change' if you like between routes.

I think I am going to have a go in the MAN Lion's City on the 37 and 38. :D

Kind Regards
Sean

#15 michael1984

michael1984
  • Registered
  • 1,226 posts
  • Interests:Buses, trains, trams, subways, ferries, genreal engineering
    Omsi, Open BVE, JB Bahn simulator

Posted 11 August 2012 - 05:59 PM

Just a quick thing I have noticed. On the timetable PDF it says the 16 runs tue, thurs and fri, but in the what's changed PDF it says mon, wed and fri

My projects:
Kulmnock City: v1.2 Released, further development on hold

http://aussiex.org/f...-kulmnock-city/
Great Colquart: v1.0 Released

http://aussiex.org/forum/index.php?/topic/18844-omsi-maps-great-colquart/
Chirstmas SD80
http://aussiex.org/f...ecial-man-sd80/

#16 Jeffrey Lo

Jeffrey Lo
  • Banned
  • 1,378 posts
  • Interests:Buses, The World, OMSI, GTA IV

Posted 11 August 2012 - 07:50 PM

:o Amazing!!
[Map] Arrington - 10% complete
Splines - 20%       Scenery - 15%       Timetables - 0%

supporter_banner1.png

"Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."
- Dr. Seuss

*My Inbox (PM) is 86% full*

#17 Guest_lynx1121_*

Guest_lynx1121_*
  • Guests

Posted 11 August 2012 - 08:04 PM

I tried the routes 9 and 38 early hours of this morning and i must say im loving the new version.

I have noticed that when the maps loads there are 3 buses leaving the bus stands. these drive into each other , its so funny.

also at stand H, when parked no other buses can exit the station, this however may be a result with the width the buses need to take to corner.

But great work and this map goes to my top 5 (Bowdenham, Newcastle, Canterbury and Daytonford)

#18 ZBOX

ZBOX
  • Registered
  • 3 posts

Posted 11 August 2012 - 08:07 PM

Hi, first off i would like to so thank you for a great map, really well thought out, i have only driven two routes so far the 6 & 10 - really enjoyable. could i just ask though when i load the map the buses have there correct liverys stagecoach & hornsby, but after a while, the NL202 single deck honrsby buses will lose the livery and just appear as a white livery bus - any ideas ? am i missing some files ?

anyway Great work

Thank you.

#19 michael1984

michael1984
  • Registered
  • 1,226 posts
  • Interests:Buses, trains, trams, subways, ferries, genreal engineering
    Omsi, Open BVE, JB Bahn simulator

Posted 11 August 2012 - 08:09 PM

Sorry meant to add very good work on the map

My projects:
Kulmnock City: v1.2 Released, further development on hold

http://aussiex.org/f...-kulmnock-city/
Great Colquart: v1.0 Released

http://aussiex.org/forum/index.php?/topic/18844-omsi-maps-great-colquart/
Chirstmas SD80
http://aussiex.org/f...ecial-man-sd80/

#20 ChristianOlaiAasgaard

ChristianOlaiAasgaard
  • Registered
  • 200 posts

Posted 11 August 2012 - 09:31 PM

Hi.
have problems with al buses. when they are first traffic lights on red, when it gets green light they do not run they just stand still?
Christian O. Aasgaard - Callsign:401(old)10033(new)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users