OMSI Maps :: Scunthorpe Modern v2.00 (RELEASED!)

398 posts in this topic

Posted

index.php?app=downloads&module=display&section=screenshot&id=2115

File Name: Scunthorpe Modern

File Submitter: mrmoose

File Submitted: 24 Nov 2011

File Category: OMSI Maps

Welcome to Scunthorpe...

Scunthorpe is an industrial steelworking town, located in northern England, United Kingdom. It is a town with a population of around 75000, formed initially of five villages, Scunthorpe, Brumby, Ashby, Froddingham and Crosby, and the small town of Bottesford, which has gradually merged into the town over the years.

Public transport in Scunthorpe exists in the form of a local network of town bus routes, named the Scunthorpe Shuttle. It is a joint network, operated by the national bus company, Stagecoach, who have a depot in the town, and Hornsby Travel, a local firm who have provided bus services in Scunthorpe since the days of horse & cart.

The focus of the town's bus network is the Town Centre, with its bus station and large shopping areas, it is where most passengers want to go. Secondary to this, Ashby has a large shopping area, and popular market, which can be reached from most areas of the town by bus. In 2005, it was stated that around 80% of journeys made by bus in the town where either to or from the Town Centre, or Ashby. There are large industrial areas located around the town, including a steelworks employing several thousand people, however, these areas are not served by public transport and the car is king here, but buses are still well used for leisure and shopping trips.

Development work on the Scunthorpe map for OMSI started in summer 2011, and Scunthorpe V1 was released in August 2011, with routes 4 (which was fictional), and 6. V2 followed soon after, and finally v3, which created the full town, was released in December 2011. In January 2012, work started on a full re-build of the Scunthorpe map. Map making standards had moved on considerably, and a host of new objects were appearing all the time. In April, changes were also made to the bus network in Scunthorpe, which are also reflected in this new map. The map has been re-branded Scunthorpe Modern, as in time, the map will be updated alongside the real bus network.

The map includes the following bus services:

6 - Scunthorpe > Ashby

9 - Scunthorpe > Hospital

10 - Scunthorpe > Lakeside > Ashby > Westcliff > Scunthorpe

10A- Scunthorpe > Westcliff > Ashby > Lakeside > Scunthorpe

11 - Scunthorpe > Ashby > Yaddlethorpe

12 - Scunthorpe > Old Brumby > Ashby > ASDA

16 - Scunthorpe > Parklands > Ashby

22 - Scunthorpe > Ashby > Timberland > Lakeside

31 - Scunthorpe > Westcliff > Riddings > Froddingham > Scunthorpe

32 - Scunthorpe > Froddingham > Riddings > Westcliff > Scunthorpe

31A- Scunthorpe > Westcliff > Bottesford > Froddingham > Scunthorpe

32A- Scunthorpe > Froddingham > Bottesford > Westcliff > Scunthorpe

33 - Scunthorpe > Westcliff > Bottesford > Ashby > Scunthorpe

34 - Scunthorpe > Ashby > Bottesford > Westcliff > Scunthorpe

35 - Scunthorpe > Tesco > Keadby > Amcotts

37 - Scunthorpe > Tesco > Skippingdale Retail Park

38 - Scunthorpe > Hospital > Crosby

The map includes its own ticket pack, with English voices for both male and female passengers, Fully detailed route map, timetables, vehicle running cards, plus realistic passenger flows, its own AI buses pack, and much more to discover.

Please ensure you read the 'read-me' document with the download for full installation instructions, and more information about the map, and some of the features.

You will also need to download the AI vehicle pack from here. AI Traffic uses a mixture of D92s and NL202s

There is also a second (Optional) download containing a 'light' AI list - limiting the AI buses to D92s only, which improves frame rates on the map.

I hope you enjoy...

Mr Moose

Credits & Acknowledgements

3DTransport Studio (Bus Station shelter objects)

Chrisrose1993 (UK House objects, depot signage & Speed hump)

Creator of the Denton hotel and Detached house objects (Author unknown)

Freeman1001 (Excellent Canterbury objects, too many to list)

Ingoldstat objects (wall object)

Objects by SN (Wall & Fence objects)

Richeaze & Mo (British female voices pack)

Simple streets (Most roads in the map)

TonyA (field objects and farm buildings, plus factory objects)

Tline (UK road objects)

XxJord6nxX (Scunthorpe repaints - downloaded seperatly)

Vbusblog (Speedbump)

Flippy (Scunthorpe Modern Menu Image)

If I have used anything of yours and not credited you - its a pure oversight on my part, I apologise - Please send a pm to let me know, and I will amend this list.

Also Thank You to anybody who has helped test the map, to make sure its as bug free as possible, and anybody else who has supported the map in any way.

Posted

Scunthorpe Modern has been released and is now available in the Download Centre!

:)

Posted

Can't believe I never played this map before - it's awesome!

Posted

Not driven any routes yet, but the new Bus Station is looking fantastic Mr Moose! .......... Can't wait to get some miles done in Sunny Scunny! B)

Posted (edited)

Downloading and starting a run right away! smile.png

Edited by RascarDK

Posted

Thanks Mr Moose awesome map! been looking forward for this update since it was announced! :)

Posted

Sweet stuff mate, I will see if I have some time this weekend :)

Posted

excellent map loved the old1 and this 1 even better

Posted

A few items after a quick scan of the map:

1. Wonderful Scenery detail

2. I personally am getting amazing FPS (25+) all over the map using the NL202.

3. There are a few errors on the IBIS system. This does not affect the running of the map.*

4. It does get used to setting up the IBIS System, my advice is use the 'Linienlisten' in the cab, V.Helpful.

* (I have noticed that the HOF File shows stops not served by the 31A (Oswald Road and the Railway Station). Also the 'queen bess' stop and one other stop that I can't remember is missed out in the HOF File)

Posted

Yes, I've driven a few routes now and great map. The only thing I'd like to see, is Bus Entry Points other than just for the depots and the layover bay of the bus station. Also, I've found that in the NL202 and D92, when leaving Bay 'B' you can't actually get around the subsequent bend without reversing a bit. But maybe that's more to do with the NL202 and D92 being longer than the actual buses that would be running in the station. smile.png

....... but fab map. I don't drive many maps as I live in the Editor, but I will be driving this one a lot. wink.png

Posted

You just have to swing out to the right first and then use full left lock there is just enough room

Posted

Downloading now, and from what i have seen on the WIP topic, this will be another amazing map to drive on

Posted (edited)

Thank you all for the comments, Since the first version was uploaded here in late 2011, the map (today), has passed 10,000 total downloads, which is something beyond what I ever thought would be possible. In response to a few things raised...

@Leemers - Im glad you are getting a high fps - I have always tried to keep the scenery as simple as possible for this reason, as the last version was quite resource heavy. Although I can only dream of 20fps myself in most areas of the map.

@Longyear - There is a certain 'knack' to driving in the Bus Station, which you will pick up. The tightest turns are from the parking bays into Stands A & B, and leaving A & B to exit. Generally, turning slightly the opposite way, to swing out, then applying full lock will get you around.

The missing stops in the IBIS system will be added in a mini update. The IBIS code list in the cab misses off the 16 route too, but the follow the same pattern as all the other routes on the map, line 01600, route 01 for outbound, 02 for inbound. I will also add some extra bus entry points at some of the termini, following requests - although many routes start and terminate again at the Bus Station, They can be added for the 12, 22, and 37 as these terminate at other locations - If there is anywhere else anybody thinks an entry point is needed, or spots any other issues let me know - I have started a list.

Edited by mrmoose

Posted

Mrmoose

I downloaded Scunthorpe Modern yesterday evening and I had a quick driver familiarisation run in a D92 on the 31A, and wow! Absolutely superb work. With Scunthorpe 2011, I always had the 'white-out' bug but last night, nothing. It's such an awesome route, I love to have routes like this where you can 'chop and change' if you like between routes.

I think I am going to have a go in the MAN Lion's City on the 37 and 38. :D

Kind Regards

Sean

Posted

Just a quick thing I have noticed. On the timetable PDF it says the 16 runs tue, thurs and fri, but in the what's changed PDF it says mon, wed and fri

Posted

:o Amazing!!

Posted

I tried the routes 9 and 38 early hours of this morning and i must say im loving the new version.

I have noticed that when the maps loads there are 3 buses leaving the bus stands. these drive into each other , its so funny.

also at stand H, when parked no other buses can exit the station, this however may be a result with the width the buses need to take to corner.

But great work and this map goes to my top 5 (Bowdenham, Newcastle, Canterbury and Daytonford)

Posted

Hi, first off i would like to so thank you for a great map, really well thought out, i have only driven two routes so far the 6 & 10 - really enjoyable. could i just ask though when i load the map the buses have there correct liverys stagecoach & hornsby, but after a while, the NL202 single deck honrsby buses will lose the livery and just appear as a white livery bus - any ideas ? am i missing some files ?

anyway Great work

Thank you.

Posted

Sorry meant to add very good work on the map

Posted

Hi.

have problems with al buses. when they are first traffic lights on red, when it gets green light they do not run they just stand still?

Posted

Mr Moose,

All your Scunthorpe releases have been great and are some of my favourite maps!!

This release is brilliant, loving the realism of the retail parks/supermarket names etc.

A great improvement to what was already a great map.

Well done!!

Posted

To state something, the supermarket names are realistic because...get this.. They are real! Scunthorpe is a real place in England, and Moose has done a sterling job of recreating it :)

Posted

@ ChristianOlaiAasgaard - Are you referring to the traffic lights at the top of the one-way system? If so, I think the confusion arises as there is no option for AI traffic to straight on. I will check the priorities on that junction again, but I think they were all set up correctly.

@ Michael1984 - The 16 runs Tues, Thurs & Fridays. Initially it ran Mon, Wed, Fri, but when I checked the actual timetable, changed the days to match the real thing - I just forgot to amend the document.

@ Zbox - Thats strange, I assume they are appearing painted white, rather than white with no textures at all - which would suggest an issue with my ai list - If you spot one again - jot down the 'fleet number' of the bus and pm me it - and I can check why its appearing that way - the only liveries other than Stagecoach and Hornsby, is there is 1 yellow 'marie curie' decker, and an orange bus, which is the reserve vehicle for the Humber fast cat service (an out of town service not on the map) which occasionally appears on the town buses.

Posted

We really are spoilt with add-ons here, Great work as always! No more struggling to make tight turns in the estates with the D92 now we have the Urbino now :D

(It takes ages to decide what what map to use nowadays!)

Posted

@ mrmoose. yes al buses standing still when it gets the green light