Welcome to OZx Forum

Welcome to OZx Forum guest,

Wouldn't it be nice if I would call you by your name or nickname of your choice ? 

Like most online communities you must register to post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of OZx Forum by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

1 Screenshot

About This File

Welcome to Scunthorpe...

Scunthorpe is an industrial steelworking town, located in northern England, United Kingdom. It is a town with a population of around 75000, formed initially of five villages, Scunthorpe, Brumby, Ashby, Froddingham and Crosby, and the small town of Bottesford, which has gradually merged into the town over the years.

Public transport in Scunthorpe exists in the form of a local network of town bus routes, named the Scunthorpe Shuttle. It is a joint network, operated by the national bus company, Stagecoach, who have a depot in the town, and Hornsby Travel, a local firm who have provided bus services in Scunthorpe since the days of horse & cart.

The focus of the town's bus network is the Town Centre, with its bus station and large shopping areas, it is where most passengers want to go. Secondary to this, Ashby has a large shopping area, and popular market, which can be reached from most areas of the town by bus. In 2005, it was stated that around 80% of journeys made by bus in the town where either to or from the Town Centre, or Ashby. There are large industrial areas located around the town, including a steelworks employing several thousand people, however, these areas are not served by public transport and the car is king here, but buses are still well used for leisure and shopping trips.

Development work on the Scunthorpe map for OMSI started in summer 2011, and Scunthorpe V1 was released in August 2011, with routes 4 (which was fictional), and 6. V2 followed soon after, and finally v3, which created the full town, was released in December 2011. In January 2012, work started on a full re-build of the Scunthorpe map. Map making standards had moved on considerably, and a host of new objects were appearing all the time. In April, changes were also made to the bus network in Scunthorpe, which are also reflected in this new map. The map has been re-branded Scunthorpe Modern, as in time, the map will be updated alongside the real bus network.

The map includes the following bus services:

6 - Scunthorpe > Ashby

9 - Scunthorpe > Hospital

10 - Scunthorpe > Lakeside > Ashby > Westcliff > Scunthorpe

10A- Scunthorpe > Westcliff > Ashby > Lakeside > Scunthorpe

11 - Scunthorpe > Ashby > Yaddlethorpe

12 - Scunthorpe > Old Brumby > Ashby > ASDA

16 - Scunthorpe > Parklands > Ashby

22 - Scunthorpe > Ashby > Timberland > Lakeside

31 - Scunthorpe > Westcliff > Riddings > Froddingham > Scunthorpe

32 - Scunthorpe > Froddingham > Riddings > Westcliff > Scunthorpe

31A- Scunthorpe > Westcliff > Bottesford > Froddingham > Scunthorpe

32A- Scunthorpe > Froddingham > Bottesford > Westcliff > Scunthorpe

33 - Scunthorpe > Westcliff > Bottesford > Ashby > Scunthorpe

34 - Scunthorpe > Ashby > Bottesford > Westcliff > Scunthorpe

35 - Scunthorpe > Tesco > Keadby > Amcotts

37 - Scunthorpe > Tesco > Skippingdale Retail Park

38 - Scunthorpe > Hospital > Crosby

The map includes its own ticket pack, with English voices for both male and female passengers, Fully detailed route map, timetables, vehicle running cards, plus realistic passenger flows, its own AI buses pack, and much more to discover.

Please ensure you read the 'read-me' document with the download for full installation instructions, and more information about the map, and some of the features.

You will also need to download the AI vehicle pack from here. AI Traffic uses a mixture of D92s and NL202s

There is also a second (Optional) download containing a 'light' AI list - limiting the AI buses to D92s only, which improves frame rates on the map.

I hope you enjoy...

Mr Moose

Credits & Acknowledgements

3DTransport Studio (Bus Station shelter objects)

Chrisrose1993 (UK House objects, depot signage & Speed hump)

Creator of the Denton hotel and Detached house objects (Author unknown)

Freeman1001 (Excellent Canterbury objects, too many to list)

Ingoldstat objects (wall object)

Objects by SN (Wall & Fence objects)

Richeaze & Mo (British female voices pack)

Simple streets (Most roads in the map)

TonyA (field objects and farm buildings, plus factory objects)

Tline (UK road objects)

XxJord6nxX (Scunthorpe repaints - downloaded seperatly)

Vbusblog (Speedbump)

Flippy (Scunthorpe Modern Menu Image)

If I have used anything of yours and not credited you - its a pure oversight on my part, I apologise - Please send a pm to let me know, and I will amend this list.

Also Thank You to anybody who has helped test the map, to make sure its as bug free as possible, and anybody else who has supported the map in any way.

What's New in Version V2.00

Released

• v1.01 Various fixes.
  • v2.00 New Route 35/35C added to map

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

There are no comments to display.