About This File
This folder contains two repaints for the accu-sim version of the A2A B-17G Flying Fortress. They represent two satges in the life of 44-8846. This aircraft was built in the last months of 1944 by the Lockeed-Vega plant in Burbank, California. It was enlisted in the Air Force on 13 january 1945, and joined the 351st BG in England on 26 March 1945. Coded DS-M, it flew with the 511th BS, the 'Ball Boys' of major Clinton Ball, from Polebrook, completing 6 missions before the end of the war. This is the first paint in this package (texture.DS-M). It stayed with the Air Force until 1954, when it was bought by IGN, which flew it for 30 years as F-BGSP all over the world, with Creil, north of Paris, as its homebase. This repaint was done earlier. It even appeared in a few movies during this time. In 1985, it was bought by the 'Forteresse Toujours Volante' Foundation, and joined the warbird circuit with registration F-AZDX. It played a role in the movie 'Memphis Belle' and it still wearing the colours used in that movie, being now called 'The Pink Lady', the second paintscheme in this package. At present, she is grounded in la Ferte Alias, near Paris, where there are plans to build a new museum with 'the Pink lady' as its center piece. She may fly again in the future..
Repaint by Jan Kees Blom, based on the repaint kit by A2A.