• Downloads: 929
  • Approved by: JayKae
  • Approved on: 11 September 2010 - 06:43 AM

Download Cascade Volcanoes Tour #1 Mission

- - - - -

Screenshots
Brad's Pacific Northwest Scenery Project

Cascade Volcanoes Tour #1 (V 1.0)

Created by Brad Allen ([email protected])

These mission addon's are for use with Microsoft Flight Simulator X. I used the "Acceleration" edition for my work on these.

The surrounding scenery this mission is designed to work with and fit in is the incredible ORBX "FTX NA Blue" package for the Pacific Northwest of North America. If you haven't got this scenery installed by ORBX, this file will probably work for you but it's not going to be as I designed it. Also please know that I am not affiliated in any way with ORBX and this mission is not supported or endorsed by ORBX. If you have any issues using this file, send your support inquiries to my email and I'll try to help you sort them out.

PLEASE DO NOT POST ANY PROBLEMS WITH THIS MISSION ON THE ORBX or OZx FORUMS!!

===============================

MISSION NOTES:

This is a scenic flight or as FSX calls it, a mission. It's in the ORBX/FTX Pacific Northwest region of South Oregon. These ongoing missions in this series are in the Cascades Volcanic area and you will be flying in higher terrain areas.

Use the "U" key on your keyboard to cycle the mission compass on/off. You will NOT have a large green rotating arrow pointer floating in the air ahead of you like some missions have. I disabled that during the design process. You will have a flight plan available on your GPS in the aircraft. You can use that as a back up to the mission compass that will appear at various times throughout the mission to help you navigate through the flight. You should be able to fly this mission using any SLOW moving aircraft you have in your hangar. Just make sure the "Enable Changes" tick box in the FSX main missions screen is selected. There are no rewards to lose for this mission. I used a Cessna 206 for my flight. If you use a faster aircraft like a Mooney, Baron or King Air, you'll probably not hit the way points as designed, voice prompts will be off, etc.

Also, for some reason, I'm not able to get a "Mission Completed" message when I land at any grass airstrip. I just land, park, then shut the engine off. Hit the ESC key and then end the mission. I'm not that far into mission design yet to know why this is happening unless it has something to do with it being a uneven grass airstrip and the mission parameters won't recognize that as a valid landing site. No worries. My intentions aren't to reward the pilot with a medal or something like that, just engage the pilot with some information on the area they are flying my mission in. Some landmarks in the mission have information included about them that you may or may not find interesting. I hope it does interest you though and that you enjoy the scenery on this mission with a little more knowledge about it.

Please send any feedback to my email. I hope you enjoy this mission.

Other files you may be interested in ..

Random Files

43 user(s) are online (in the past 5 minutes)

0 members, 23 guests, 0 anonymous users

Google (15), Bing (4), Google Mobile (1)