• Downloads: 567
  • Approved by: JayKae
  • Approved on: 28 August 2010 - 07:23 AM

Download Lake Ozette Campground

- - - - -

Screenshots
Brad's Pacific Northwest Scenery Project

Lake Ozette Campground (V 1.0)

Created by Brad Allen ([email protected])

These scenery addon's are for use with Microsoft Flight Simulator X. I used the "Acceleration" edition for my work on these.

The surrounding scenery this is designed to work with and fit in is the incredible ORBX "FTX NA Blue" package for the Pacific Northwest of North America. If you haven't got this scenery installed by ORBX, this file will probably not work for you. I repeat, this is not for default FSX terrain, this is for the above mentioned package from ORBX/FTX.

NOTE: A few words on the object libraries. I try to only use the default FSX library objects with Flight 1 Instant Scenery to design these addon scenery areas. I will specifically list any library objects needed that are not default if necessary for this scenery to display properly. If you see "IMPORTANT NOTE!!!!!" below, read it for specific object libraries you may need to have installed for this scenery area. If there are any FSX "Acceleration" objects used, you won't see them unless you have that version of FSX installed.

I set Autogen to one click left from max to "Very Dense"and while flying around this area, that setting did not show any noticable frame rate hit's on my system when testing this scenery out.

There may be updates to this scenery at a later date. Stay tuned. Also please know that I am not affiliated in any way with ORBX and this scenery is not supported or endorsed by ORBX or OZx. If you have any issues using this file, send your support inquiries to my email and I'll try to help you sort them out.

PLEASE DO NOT POST ANY PROBLEMS WITH THIS SCENERY ON THE ORBX or OZx FORUMS!!

DESTINATION NOTES

There are three islands on the lake: Tivoli, Garden Island and Baby Island.

Lake Ozette is the 3rd largest lake in Washington. Eight miles from top to bottom and five miles from side to side. It is located within the coastal strip of Olympic National Park.

The trailheads at Ozette are popular jumping-off spots for coastal hikers. The Cape Alava-Sand Point-Lake Ozette triangle is one of the most popular trails in the state. The triangle is roughly equalateral, three miles a side. The trails that originate at the Ozette ranger station are largely boardwalks, timber sidewalks through the forest and across the prairies. In addition to the two trails mentioned above, there is a third that winds from the lake to the Pacific coast. It is possible to launch a canoe at the ranger station, paddle south into Ericson's Bay, and set up camp under the spreading fir and spruce in a comfortable boat-in only campground. A hundred yards or so to the south of the bay is a trail that cuts across the heavily forested spine of park land that separates the lake from the ocean.

The lake lies 29 feet above sea level.Streams and rivers flow into the lake from every side. Lake Ozette drains an area of more than 140 square miles. The topography of the basin is steep, with peaks rising 210 to 300 feet not far from the lakeshore and high points in the watershed approaching 600 feet.

The only access to the lake is via the Hoko-Ozette road to the north shore. Lake Ozette is home to thirteen species of fish including sockeye, kokanee and coho.

===============================
DESIGN NOTES

This scenery is an enhancement to an area inside the ORBX/FTX Pacific Northwest region. It's based on a real world location and any similarities are purely coincidental. This is the location of the "Lost Resort at Lake Ozette". The placement of the objects is not exactly as in real world but it gives a little place to fly to on this lake. There are cabins, campsites, a dock you can pull up to in a floatplane, kayaks and a ranger station.

Hope you enjoy this destination.

Other files you may be interested in ..

Random Files

32 user(s) are online (in the past 5 minutes)

0 members, 26 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bing (2), Google (2), Yahoo (2)