• Downloads: 744
  • Approved by: JayKae
  • Approved on: 14 August 2010 - 10:31 AM

Download Mount Kinch Ice Station

- - - - -

Screenshots
Brad's Pacific Northwest Scenery Project

Mount Kinch Ice Station (V 1.0)

Created by Brad Allen ([email protected])

These scenery addon's are for use with Microsoft Flight Simulator X. I used the "Acceleration" edition for my work on these.

The surrounding scenery this is designed to work with and fit in is the incredible ORBX "FTX NA Blue" package for the Pacific Northwest of North America. If you haven't got this scenery installed by ORBX, this file will probably not work for you. I repeat, this is not for default FSX terrain, this is for the above mentioned package from ORBX/FTX.

There may be updates to this scenery at a later date. Stay tuned. Also please know that I am not affiliated in any way with ORBX and this scenery is not supported or endorsed by ORBX or OZx. If you have any issues using this file, send your support inquiries to my email and I'll try to help you sort them out. PLEASE DO NOT POST ANY PROBLEMS WITH THIS SCENERY ON THE ORBX or OZx FORUMS!!
However, I don't think they'll mind if you want to post screen shots there of my area.

IMPORTANT NOTE !!!!!!!!!!!!

You WILL need to create two new scenery folders in separate steps below in your FSX Addon Scenery library to use the scenery I've made.

1. BEFORE YOU INSTALL THE MT. KINCH ICE STATION SCENERY!!! You will first need to download and install the following file to make sure all objects in this scenery are visible in FSX. The file name is: ez_1.zip
Please be sure to carefully read the installation instructions in the readme.txt file included.

Notes about this scenery. (From Wikipedia)

Mount Kinch, named to remember Canadian Army Signalman Oddrey James Kinch, is a volcanic knob in southwestern British Columbia, Canada, located 79 km (49 mi) east of Rivers Inlet. It is almost completely ice-covered.

===

Designer Notes.

I made this scenery to remember and honor the incredible SIRP (Stikine Icefield Research Project) scenery addon brought to the Tongass Fjords scenery area a few years back. SIRP came to us as freeware and had some of the most challenging conditions any simulator pilot could test their skills in. Blowing snow, low visibility and icy conditions were actually amazing to try and land in. The unique nature of each of the SIRP camps gave me many hours of enjoyment. I spent a whole spring and summer flying from PAPG to the outlying camps and back. I only hope that the true artisans that gave us SIRP can come together again in the FSX world and replicate the SIRP world again. Along with Bill Womack, those experts are credited below as "The Amigos"

This scenery is an enhancement to an area inside the ORBX/FTX Pacific Northwest region in South West British Columbia. It's NOT a real world location and any similarities are purely coincidental.
Hope you enjoy this destination.

SPECIAL THANKS:

Arctic Science Journeys
Alaska Sea Grant College Program
University of Alaska Fairbanks
http://seagrant.uaf....canada-ice.html

for their kind permission to use their article for reference on this project.

Waleed Abdalati: for his help in making this possible.

Other files you may be interested in ..

Random Files

44 user(s) are online (in the past 5 minutes)

0 members, 27 guests, 0 anonymous users

Yahoo (4), Bing (3), Google (9), Google Mobile (1)